How do you kill a Ancient Wyrm without Provo/Taming?

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
If you have enough room to move - an archer with a dragon slaying bow would be able to take one down - just stay out of casting range and run/heal through fire breath.

lollo

Grandmaster
full invulnerability plate suit, vanq+25 slayer katana, lots of strenght, dex, cure,stamina and heal pots and bandages.

I saw a video on youtube of a guy doing it on a UOR server so it definitely can be done

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
@lollo -thats some serious investment to solo and AW with a dexxer - kiting it around with an archer seems the easiest way - easy enough to kill with an exceptional slayer bow.

I used to do it with my macer on UO uoforever years back. Full invuln plate and gm magic resist a must with invuln shield and gm parry. I didn't really need pots but they are still good to have. If a paragon pops you're screwed.

Henrik

Master
I've only killed them by proving two of them and then shooting arrows and casting EVs. I suppose it's incredible hard to do it if it's only one but of course it's possible.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Definitely can be done kiting with a slayer bow. However, I don't really see the risk vs reward nor the time vs reward worth it.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I read on the wiki that slayer armor reduces melee and spell damage from that creature type by 50% if you're wearing all 6 pieces.

That would probably help a lot.

Also a defense talisman and full invuln plate and heater shield with gm parrying and gm resist.

And ofc a slayer weapon as well.