How do you generally level/farm with your meta mage?

How do you generally lvl/farm with your meta mage?

• para field dump med dump

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bleek

Neophyte
since mobs can be aggrod on summons and still allow fer gains from casting im wondering if people are generally doing this; less gains due to mob dying faster from summon (and no gain from summon's damage) has kept me from doing it but maybe im just dumb. in terms of pure farming, sure a meat shield will make things quicker and easier, but id like to level this thing quickly. ive just been 1v1ing mobs ebolting and running to med but maybe i can be enlightened.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
1. GM spirit speak. Reduces the mana cost on mobs.
2. Wear no armor.
3. Cast lightning / ebolt on ogre lords / daemons.

With gm spirit speak + gm med you can get like 10 + ebolts off before needing to med, huge time saver when leveling. Lightning is the best exp per mana cost just takes a bit more regs to kill the mobs. It is also easier to max out the exp gain per mob using lightning vs ebolt because the gain in exp is diminished when you do more damage. I have found that I level quicker w/out my slayer books as well bc you get more lower damage hits = more exp per mob.

bleek

Neophyte
I been doing all these except using lightning just was wondering why so many wanted gains with summons since youll get less gains in the end. And yeah ss with shadow is great just endless casting even at lvl1. Lightning is interesting instead of ebolt..i was under the impression that even if you kill mob with less spells youll get the rest of the xp from it when it dies

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I been doing all these except using lightning just was wondering why so many wanted gains with summons since youll get less gains in the end. And yeah ss with shadow is great just endless casting even at lvl1. Lightning is interesting instead of ebolt..i was under the impression that even if you kill mob with less spells youll get the rest of the xp from it when it dies
Not unless they changed something in the last 2 months. When I was leveling mine it was based on damage dealt and the max health of the mob but there was a exp cap on the mob and as you dealt higher damage the ratio of exp to damage got lower.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You could be like famara and just afk farm by summoning EV's on a boat and casting lightning on them (lol)

For a good time visit the northern beach of New Magincia. I hear he likes to get killed there!

bleek

Neophyte
Not unless they changed something in the last 2 months. When I was leveling mine it was based on damage dealt and the max health of the mob but there was a exp cap on the mob and as you dealt higher damage the ratio of exp to damage got lower.

Interesting alright thanks fer the info

You could be like famara and just afk farm by summoning EV's on a boat and casting lightning on them (lol)

For a good time visit the northern beach of New Magincia. I hear he likes to get killed there!

Lmao well thats wonderful

Would Harm do well since it takes very little mana, but the closer you are to the mob the more damage it does? Think it caps out at about 24/25 hp

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Would Harm do well since it takes very little mana, but the closer you are to the mob the more damage it does? Think it caps out at about 24/25 hp
I like lightning because you hit the exp cap on the mob at about the same rate it takes to kill the mob. I think harm would take too long to kill the thing. When I was leveling mine it depended on the spawn. If there were a lot of people farming then I'd stick to lightning to max out on each mob since the spawn rate became the bottleneck. If there were no other people farming then I'd switch to ebolts and equip my slayer to get the fastest loot on top of the exp. Also last I checked the faction exp bonus was broken for meta mages, but the silver is a nice boost to the loot. I'd recommend joining the smallest faction while training the talisman. If you join minax, the ogre lords run from you so you can kind of do ez mode on them and sit back while casting w/out having to run.