How do they IDOC with 100% Accurate Timing?

Psymon

Master
So a friend of mine found an IDOC the old fashion way. After 5 hours after him finding it, we choose to camp it.
6 hours go by, and nobody shows up. We're thinking "Wow, we got lucky". Then boom a gate, and 10 seconds later the house drops. How does someone get the timing down to the freaking second?
Funny Buisness? Incredible Luck? As to the Luck, all you need to do is see how many large houses these people sell, and you realize, they've found a way to make their own luck.

Jakaro

Master
I've been saying for years that the ability to time an IDOC down to the second due to ghosts (or afk characters) scripting the signs = absolute bullshit. IDOC timer should be randomized to reward those who put in the work camping it vs the zergs who come in at the last second.

And I say this as part of a large (peaceful) guild community ^_^

Last edited:
So a friend of mine found an IDOC the old fashion way. After 5 hours after him finding it, we choose to camp it.
6 hours go by, and nobody shows up. We're thinking "Wow, we got lucky". Then boom a gate, and 10 seconds later the house drops. How does someone get the timing down to the freaking second?
Funny Buisness? Incredible Luck? As to the Luck, all you need to do is see how many large houses these people sell, and you realize, they've found a way to make their own luck.

They timed the IDOC. ~6 hours from when a house turns IDOC it will fall.

I've been saying for years that the ability to time an IDOC down to the second due to ghosts scripting the signs = absolute bullshit. IDOC timer should be randomized to reward those who put in the work camping it vs the zergs who come in at the last second.

I don't disagree with this but you can't time on a ghost.

Rumple

Master
I've been saying for years that the ability to time an IDOC down to the second due to ghosts scripting the signs = absolute bullshit. IDOC timer should be randomized to reward those who put in the work camping it vs the zergs who come in at the last second.

Ghost can't see house signs.

The time and effort that goes into IDOC'ing should be worth it. It's hardly even worth it these days.

Psymon

Master

I don't disagree with this but you can't time on a ghost.
It was 6 hours and 8 minutes AFTER my friend FOUND it. So if he found it EXACTLY at the point it went IDOC, then it wasn't exactly 6 hours...
You think he happened upon it right as it went IDOC?

Psymon

Master
Ghost can't see house signs.

The time and effort that goes into IDOC'ing should be worth it. It's hardly even worth it these days.
That's because a single guild gets 90% of them. They've been able to time almost every single IDOC down to the second.
Seems amazing.

Amalgam

Journeyman
I think there's an NPC at west brit that will announce IDOCs, or has very specific information related to them. Can anyone confirm?

I don't know for sure because I've banned myself from west brit, never to return.

A fixed IDOC timer favors large organized guilds only and whilst this is isn't necessarily a bad thing, it instantly excludes the vast majority from holding any hope.

IDOCs IMO should have an increasing percentage chance of dropping every hour.

It was 6 hours and 8 minutes AFTER my friend FOUND it. So if he found it EXACTLY at the point it went IDOC, then it wasn't exactly 6 hours...
You think he happened upon it right as it went IDOC?

The squiggle means approximately. You need to account for world saves, which shouldnt offset it that much but meh. I'm sure there is no huge secret or conspiracy here, they simply timed an IDOC.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
whats the purpose of having an exact timer as opposed to it being random (say between 6-8 hrs)?

theres nothing random or equal of popping in right before it falls and wiping everything/everyone out.

I think all loot should just get dumped into random mobs all over.. Not just high end stuff either. Why just continue to let the rich get richer? Let everyone have a chance to get a piece of the pie..

khajja

Master
IDOCing is a longstanding part of the game. Kenny, your suggestion eliminates that style of play. Also, IDOCing requires dedication, not wealth. PVM is where wealth plays a role with meta pets / talismans.

Psymon

Master
IDOCing is a longstanding part of the game. Kenny, your suggestion eliminates that style of play. Also, IDOCing requires dedication, not wealth. PVM is where wealth plays a role with meta pets / talismans.

Khajja,
Oddly several that showed up to the last one was dressed like meta tamers, with 20-30 million worth of clothing on.
It wasn't dedication that won them that IDOC, it was overwhelming force.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Idoc loot being recycled is very bad for the server economy. OSI didn't bother fixing it, UOF has some measurements in place that do help a little. Overall there needs to be more destruction so creation remains usefull.

Deuce

Journeyman
The perception of someone coming into the IDOC minutes to seconds before it drops was just easy, or their good luck, while you did the hard work, is just completely wrong.

Spending 6 hours sitting in front of a house on one character while you play on another is not hard work. It's easy and doesn't take any work at all, and that's why you don't know when the house is going to go.

Quite an actual difference between those "who put in the work camping it vs the zergs who come in at the last second." The difference is that someone in one of those zergs put in weeks of time and organization to get that timer, and you just sat there for a couple hours.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I personally spent a lot of hands on time that ultimately resulted in the systems we have in place for IDOCS.

Hands down, UOFOREVER has the most balanced IDOC system in place, i can promise that.

You cannot click house signs when you're a ghost or time them as a ghost.

Anyone can find out some of the current IDOCS by dropping small amounts of gold over/over on the npc between the Brit West Bridge and the Britain Bank named "Norton, the building inspector".

When IDOCS fall each item has a dice-roll-chance at either dropping at the IDOC location, or going into a "global loot box".
-If it drops at the idoc it drops on an ettin that spawns, which makes it so you have to kill/loot that ettin. This also creates corpses over the fallen house area's which makes it hard for script placers to do their thing.
-If it goes into the global loot box, what will happen is as monsters spawn around the world naturally every day, those items within that global loot box have a chance at being thrown into those random monsters. What this does is make it so some new player can kill a slime and get a relic, powerscroll, 60k gold pile, or chest of vanqs.

The entire system is built around the idea that every IDOC is in reality a loss to the community, therefore the community as a whole should have more equal rights to the loot of that IDOC as a gain to those who still play.

It is now literally impossible for one guild or group to gain every IDOC and all those IDOC possessions.

Hope that clears things up.
Since we put this system in it's been nothing but awesome and we've had very few complaints about it.

I don't do IDOCS as I've never been a fan of watching paint dry, but i do like how the current system spawns random stuff on mobs.