How do I upgrade to client version 7.0.34.23

amonseti

Grandmaster
Title says it all how do i upgrade to a newer client version from the Clinet I downloaded on main UOF page ??

wreckognize

Grandmaster
that is a good question, i would wait for someone to reply with a proper link and just install another client without uninstalling your current one.

I advise against running the uo updater, since i've heard it can be problematic

C

Carl

UO updater doesn't work with our current client which is 7.0.15.1
In order to upgrade to latest uo client you need to download this client http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20120309/UOClassicSetup_7_0_24_0.exe
then open up the uo.exe and let it patch to the latest.

After it's done patching launch your razor / uosteam whichever and log into uoforever as normal (If you change the installation directory make sure to point razor or steam to the right folder!)

Macunzo

Adept
Did I miss an announcement? I still use the client I downloaded for the initial UOF install.

Do we all need to patch to 7.0.34.23?

halygon

Grandmaster
In order to upgrade to latest uo client you need to download this client http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20120309/UOClassicSetup_7_0_24_0.exe

After it's done patching launch your razor / uosteam whichever and log into uoforever as normal (If you change the installation directory make sure to point razor or steam to the right folder!)
Anyone confused by this statement should know all he is saying is that if you downloaded the UO Forever Client from the UO Forever website, you cannot update the client.

You need to download the CLASSIC Client from the UO.com website (or equivalent). After installing, if you are not at the needed version, you can simply use the Ultima Online updater program to update directly from OSI/EA.

Then since the UO Forever client contains Razor, IF YOU UNINSTALLED this when changing out clients (you don't have to -- only install in to separate folder), make sure to re-download separately as it will not come in the classic client package from UO.com.

halygon

Grandmaster
after updating the razor map is black, should we still update?
I am not sure of the process you used, but I uninstalled the entire UO Forever package (client and razor) and then downloaded the two pieces of software separately from their respective sites and installed the classic UO client first, then installed razor (and then UOSteam,).

I did not receive a black map in razor -- it is my understanding that this is caused by razor not knowing where the correct map files are, but a Razor expert could probably answer that better.

blackbeltjones

Grandmaster
I am not sure of the process you used, but I uninstalled the entire UO Forever package (client and razor) and then downloaded the two pieces of software separately from their respective sites and installed the classic UO client first, then installed razor (and then UOSteam,).

I did not receive a black map in razor -- it is my understanding that this is caused by razor not knowing where the correct map files are, but a Razor expert could probably answer that better.

thanks for the info, i'll try that!

Tormas Galka

Journeyman

Why are we being enticed to fully patch? I thought this server was optimized for the client version you provide in the download.

C

Carl

You do not have to upgrade to the latest client. However not doing so will result in you not being able to see future content. The server isn't set to a certain client per say. 7.0.15.1 just happened to be the one we started with.

If your seeing black when you launch with razor then your not pointed to the right direction. Razor doesn't read map or art files.

U9w4mRG.png

utvjdOF.png

Greed

Master
Just a thought, when the new content is released offer up a new client that is updated to work with the new content.

Tormas Galka

Journeyman
Just a thought, when the new content is released offer up a new client that is updated to work with the new content.

Um..yeah what he said. ;)

I think this can be confusing to people.

Edit: Question? Why not update the download page with the updated Client link and tell people to fully patch and then download Razor from UOF?

Last edited by a moderator:

amonseti

Grandmaster
You do not have to upgrade to the latest client. However not doing so will result in you not being able to see future content. The server isn't set to a certain client per say. 7.0.15.1 just happened to be the one we started with.

If your seeing black when you launch with razor then your not pointed to the right direction. Razor doesn't read map or art files.

U9w4mRG.png

utvjdOF.png

Ok so im not seeing black on the Razor map.. But the Razor status bar no longer shows image / icons of things like regents etc .

halygon

Grandmaster
If I were to take a guess -- Primarily for any content that uses newer art. Alot of the new art in the latest versions of the UO client are 3D -ish and look much cooler than the older graphics. Take the death beetle for an example, it is newer art and looks completely different from other types of pets (style wise). I am sure they are just wanting to introduce new stuff to stay fresh and competitive.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Ok so im not seeing black on the Razor map.. But the Razor status bar no longer shows image / icons of things like regents etc .

well there is an option in razor to turn those images on and off, maybe you de-selected it?
in the display/counters tab
''show images with containers''

TubeLover

Apprentice
I don't see a black map from razor, but it's unusable :
uo1.jpg

AND the counters images in title bar are gone... useless also.
And YES I double checked the settings
uo2.jpg

I'd say that updating to the latest UO client should have been made along with a Razor update, which is not available.
... this won't help us at all, and the title hue is certainly not worth it.
As we say in my job : If it ain't broken, don't fix it.