How can I buy a house?

estirpatorio

Neophyte
Hi there,

I'm new here and I want to buy a house because my bank can't hold more items. Want to know about how can I place it and how much does a small house costs. I need something not too expensive. Prefer a house without doors, with teleports.

Thank you guys!

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Buy a house placement tool from an estate agent npc. Find a plot big enough to fit a custom house, smallest is 7x7, then use the placement tool to choose and place your home. Once placed you'll have to custom build it yourself to have teleporters. You may have to search a little for an open plot to place your house but with a little patience you should find one. Hope this helps :}

estirpatorio

Neophyte
Buy a house placement tool from an estate agent npc. Find a plot big enough to fit a custom house, smallest is 7x7, then use the placement tool to choose and place your home. Once placed you'll have to custom build it yourself to have teleporters. You may have to search a little for an open plot to place your house but with a little patience you should find one. Hope this helps :}

Thank you very much, helped a lot! And how much would it cost?

Darktrix

Expert
If you are looking for a starter house thats inexpensive, I have a one of two i could sell!

I have a small stone tower for sale 7x7 plot South of Trinsic, near a very profitable spawn.

Also 7x7 small stone and plaster in a great mining location North of Minoc. Perfect for miners and very nice neighbours.

Let me know your budget maybe we could work something out?

estirpatorio

Neophyte
If you are looking for a starter house thats inexpensive, I have a one of two i could sell!

I have a small stone tower for sale 7x7 plot South of Trinsic, near a very profitable spawn.

Also 7x7 small stone and plaster in a great mining location North of Minoc. Perfect for miners and very nice neighbours.

Let me know your budget maybe we could work something out?

Wow that's interesting, that 7x7 South of Trinsic could be great. I'd like to see it if I can, i will message you.

Thanks all guys, really appreciate your help.

Luxvero

Journeyman
Allow me to take a ride in this,

can we co-own a house in a way that one co-owner does expels the other?

That is, is the hierarchy MAIN-owner(1) > Co-owner(s) > rest ?
Or it it Original-owner == Co-owners > rest?

Or simply, ultimatelly, can i get scammed sharing a house? In such way that should i ultimatelly only co-own a house where i'm not the main-owner with personal friends, and not char-friends?

--- Second doubt, obviously houses need to be out ot guarded areas, i see some people placeing them on the border, where clearly there is still space with no tree or tumbleweed, but maybe a slight elevation, I also see architechts NPCs selling House Deeds and some other tools, do these tools change the terrain in UOF or are just a unused featured? what is enabled or not in UOF regarding house placement ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Allow me to take a ride in this,

can we co-own a house in a way that one co-owner does expels the other?

That is, is the hierarchy MAIN-owner(1) > Co-owner(s) > rest ?
Or it it Original-owner == Co-owners > rest?

Or simply, ultimatelly, can i get scammed sharing a house? In such way that should i ultimatelly only co-own a house where i'm not the main-owner with personal friends, and not char-friends?

--- Second doubt, obviously houses need to be out ot guarded areas, i see some people placeing them on the border, where clearly there is still space with no tree or tumbleweed, but maybe a slight elevation, I also see architechts NPCs selling House Deeds and some other tools, do these tools change the terrain in UOF or are just a unused featured? what is enabled or not in UOF regarding house placement ?

Best to only coown people you know IRL.

House deeds you double click and can place a house. These are not blessed and will probably be stolen if you keep it in your pack.

House tool lets you place without a deed, but it is more expensive.

Best idea is get the house tool and use it to see what fits (you can deny the option to place the house after you figure out where it fits), then go buy a deed and recall straight to your spot to place it.

I have a bag of deeds somewhere from people bringing them to idocs, so do be careful.

Luxvero

Journeyman
I have a bag of deeds somewhere from people bringing them to idocs, so do be careful.
I'm not sure I understand, you mean people camp houses in danger of collapsing waiting for other people who want to use the space to place an identical house of the same shape on such a good location?

This really is a demon haunted world heh

... Regarding house ownership, I will share it with IRL friend then, but, me being the original owner, can I safelly give some internet-friend co-ownership without losing the house then?
That is, so they can make full usage of it, refresh it besides the friend-refresh limitations that staff will implement..

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I'm not sure I understand, you mean people camp houses in danger of collapsing waiting for other people who want to use the space to place an identical house of the same shape on such a good location?

This really is a demon haunted world heh

... Regarding house ownership, I will share it with IRL friend then, but, me being the original owner, can I safelly give some internet-friend co-ownership without losing the house then?
That is, so they can make full usage of it, refresh it besides the friend-refresh limitations that staff will implement..

People occasionally come to idocs with house deeds in their bag hoping to place a house. I like to steal those deeds when I can.

You can co-own an internet friend but they can loot your house dry. It would be better to friend them and then just secure a chest for them to use, with the access level set to 'friends'. Idk maybe just co-own then we have all been house looted at one point or another.