House Maintenance Contract

Bajorn

Apprentice
Vendor Item:
House Maintenance Contract: 2,000 donation coins
Grants 30 days of upkeep. Can be stacked up to 3 times for a total of 90 days. It really serves a niche market for those who will be away from the server for a while but plan to return.

On use: Double click deed – target House sign.
When the owner click house sign it will now return the following along with the normal decay message:

You are privately maintaining your house (no deed attached)
Your house is under a Maintenance contract for the next XX days. (Contract attached)

I would like to see this as a Donation Coin only item as it contributes to the server in a meaningful way. I.E. regardless of whether you donate to the server directly for the coins or purchase them with gold – at some point someone would have to donate to the server to supply the coins for the purchase of the contract.

The flip side is if you are actively playing, 2k of donation coins or 340k gold(1k~170k) is a poor way to upkeep your house. For the super-rich who would do it to hold multiple properties, I say have at it: any gold-sink is a good thing; any donation purchases – also a good thing for server life.

Price may need to be adjusted to deter it as a viable active player upkeep model while still being reasonable for those who plan to be away for longer periods.

My dog in this fight: I’m in the military with an upcoming deployment. I personally would love a way to keep my house up – more than happy to contribute to the server to do so.

I’m sure there are downsides… have at it!

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Not a fan of this idea unfortunately.
If you're going to be gone for 90 days, sell your house, let someone who is going to be playing and active use it. When you come back buy a different one.

OR let it fall