House idoc

Mara

Journeyman
I'm "new" player and I wanted to know the rules for a house to colapse.
I post this because I cundt find the exactly info here or on the wiki...

I was on holidays for 20 days and when I come I c my house doesnt exist.

Didnt know they Idoc that fast.

I debout I will comeback since I lost ALL my money, weapons and so on ( ye I'm fully ******** ) and it wsnt at the dp ( WE NEED MORE STORAGE IN THE BANK! )

anyway can someone give me the exact timers?

and before someone ask... NO i dont have rls or some1 who could refresh the house for me.

Thxs in advance.

StegcO

Grandmaster
For the next house you need to storage there only consumable.
Rare and valuable item need to stay in bank (you can create 12char in 3 acc)

Can't remeber idoc timer... maybe 30days? strange 20..

lollo

Grandmaster
Maybe we can get an official word on this? @halygon

14 days would be amazingly stupid, it's waaaaaay too short. I'm pretty sure it's close to 1 month, which is enough time

lummox

Master
I think it is 14. The house next to mine goes to fairly worn after a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 days would be amazingly stupid, it's waaaaaay too short. I'm pretty sure it's close to 1 month, which is enough time

14 days is the default time, and it is the perfect amount of time.

1 MONTH! ARE YOU MAD? That would be a 1 step method to shred the economy.

halygon

Grandmaster
14 days is the default time, and it is the perfect amount of time.

1 MONTH! ARE YOU MAD? That would be a 1 step method to shred the economy.
Actually the runuo default (core for UOF and many other freeshards) is over a month I believe. In the code each stage is done by a percentage of a total amount of days (for the most part).

Its about a month from new to colapsing.

I'm "new" player and I wanted to know the rules for a house to colapse.
I post this because I cundt find the exactly info here or on the wiki...

I was on holidays for 20 days and when I come I c my house doesnt exist.

Didnt know they Idoc that fast.

I debout I will comeback since I lost ALL my money, weapons and so on ( ye I'm fully ******** ) and it wsnt at the dp ( WE NEED MORE STORAGE IN THE BANK! )

anyway can someone give me the exact timers?

and before someone ask... NO i dont have rls or some1 who could refresh the house for me.

Thxs in advance.
Its highly possible that you hit the one month and didn't even know it. There are times that I find my houses at Somewhat Worn before I know it because I use teleporters instead of doors.

Wow! That is insane, I cant remember what it was on OSI but all shards I have played until I landed here a couple weeks ago where 2 weeks. This helped with house pricing (made more realistic - especially castles) Plus it is a good way to find field PvP with guilds and individuals looking to loot the IDOCs.

It also helps distribute out rares / other items back in to the market as for a long time they have been locked down in a players house that only comes on once every few weeks to refresh houses.

Is it just me or does anyone else think 1 month is a hella long time?

lollo

Grandmaster
Is it just me or does anyone else think 1 month is a hella long time?

It's just you.

Believe it or not it's 2016 and this game is 20 years old. Most of us now have full time jobs (including business trips) and families and a 2 week decay time would be extremely short.

1 month is just fine and it's good that castles are 10+ millions (which is incredibly cheap already considering there are dragons worth 30 millions and sandals worth as much as a castle), something has to be expensive and hard to get, otherwise players get bored after a while.

With 2 week decays the housing market would be completely fucked, 18x18s would probably go for 400k and castles would be cheaper than most dono vendor items

It's just you.

Believe it or not it's 2016 and this game is 20 years old. Most of us now have full time jobs (including business trips) and families and a 2 week decay time would be extremely short.

1 month is just fine and it's good that castles are 10+ millions (which is incredibly cheap already considering there are dragons worth 30 millions and sandals worth as much as a castle), something has to be expensive and hard to get, otherwise players get bored after a while.

With 2 week decays the housing market would be completely fucked, 18x18s would probably go for 400k and castles would be cheaper than most dono vendor items

On your first sentence - yes I know better than most, I have worked constantly full time since I left education over 12 years ago and on top of that I was in the army for a long time so I had to constantly dance around IDOC timers and lost many houses because of this. But at the end of the day its just pixels, who really gives a fuck, unless you have a castle or 18x18 - 30x30 in which case you play a lot and will know people that can refresh for you or you make changes soon enough so you don't lose your house / plot.

You have things the wrong way around... Longer IDOC timers make housing cheaper, shorter IDOC times boost house pricing - this is the main reason why Castles where a minimum 60 mil on uoforever (granted its a shitty shard) I totally agree some things should be very expensive and hard to get, that is what I meant in my original post, not that things should be less expensive.

2 week decay times would HELP the prices and economy not the other way around like you thought I meant.

Anyways @halygon shut me up on that count lol o_O

halygon

Grandmaster
On your first sentence - yes I know better than most, I have worked constantly full time since I left education over 12 years ago and on top of that I was in the army for a long time so I had to constantly dance around IDOC timers and lost many houses because of this. But at the end of the day its just pixels, who really gives a fuck, unless you have a castle or 18x18 - 30x30 in which case you play a lot and will know people that can refresh for you or you make changes soon enough so you don't lose your house / plot.

You have things the wrong way around... Longer IDOC timers make housing cheaper, shorter IDOC times boost house pricing - this is the main reason why Castles where a minimum 60 mil on uoforever (granted its a shitty shard) I totally agree some things should be very expensive and hard to get, that is what I meant in my original post, not that things should be less expensive.

2 week decay times would HELP the prices and economy not the other way around like you thought I meant.

Anyways @halygon shut me up on that count lol o_O
Actually uoforever was a month too (I idoc'd there for over a year for my guild). The house prices were stupid high there because you could buy gold and the economy was FUBAR.

Correct the economy was shitted lol, I was in IP we always used 2 week timers. It could have been timed from going to somewhat worn though.

halygon

Grandmaster
Correct the economy was shitted lol, I was in IP we always used 2 week timers. It could have been timed from going to somewhat worn though.
Before they revamped their website (2 years ago?) they actually had all the idoc status time frames listed there. They were actually a few minutes off, but close enough.