Hotkeys for training taming

Henrik

Master
I'm about to start training taming for the first time and I've read a lots of guides and stuff about it. I know it will take a long time and that it will be boring as hell, but I'll do it.

However, what I haven't found is any anything about hotkeys / macros for taming (i.e. tame / rename / release). I know that afk taming isn't allowed and that's not what I aim to do, but I want to make it as efficient and easy as possible. I would be very glad if someone could help me out here! I'm using Razor btw.

One more thing... Is it preferable to GM Animal Lore before taming or not? Have read different things about this...

Thanks!

I just hotkey it and select it for taming only. Alt-A. If I fail i just push it again and target. I highly recommend raising peaceing for this. Animal lore does matter im at 80 taming and 100 lore. I raises alot faster.

Funnypants

Master
Don't use Lore PS tho, if you go over 100 Lore, Taming gains slow significantly. (Tested myself and confirmed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Lore HAS NOTHING to do with Taming success chance.

Lore matters for control and vet amount that is it. Gm lore or 0 does not matter when training the skill.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
what i had was..

+ for use skill taming...
- for use skill taming last target...
* for use skill peacemaking...
/ for use skill peacemaking last target

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
this not bad once u get the mob singled out but sometimes u have to peace 1, drag the other out to use that macro and be safe. or..u peace 1, peace the other then start taming one, then have to repeace the first one again. i found it hard to run a macro because of the different elements that might come up. i had to keep stopping the macro, easier to just set the hotkeys imo

Henrik

Master
Ok, I've started it off now by taming scorps in Shame.

I created the following macro in Razor:

Use skill Peacemaking
Wait for Target (1)
Target Random Grey
Use skill Animal Taming
Wait for Target (1)
Target Closest Grey

What do you think about it? Reason using random grey is that I can approach two scrorpions at the same time and them both will be peaced instead of only the closest one and the other running towards me and attack me. Works fine so far...

But damn... is the gaining rate really supposed to be this slow at this low level? I'm at 51.2 and I haven't gained anything (except Lore) in like 15-20 mins now (fully fed and watered).

Last edited by a moderator:

bksdaduo

Master
Ok, I've started it off now by taming scorps in Shame.

I created the following macro in Razor:

Use skill Peacemaking
Wait for Target (1)
Target Random Grey
Use skill Animal Taming
Wait for Target (1)
Target Closest Grey

What do you think about it? Reason using random grey is that I can approach two scrorpions at the same time and them both will be peaced instead of only the closest one and the other running towards me and attack me. Works fine so far...

But damn... is the gaining rate really supposed to be this slow at this low level? I'm at 51.2 and I haven't gained anything (except Lore) in like 15-20 mins now (fully fed and watered).

You shouldn't be at scorpions until low-mid 60s.

You can go from 50-65 in a few hours of taming NW of Compassion desert.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster

I never bought into the "food and watered" thing here. I've macroed 12 chars to 7x and multiple template changes including a 120 fisher to tamer and never once drank water or ate food.

Henrik

Master
You shouldn't be at scorpions until low-mid 60s.

You can go from 50-65 in a few hours of taming NW of Compassion desert.

Ok, that made the trick... :)

Is there a way to automate the tame/rename/release process btw? As for now I run around with a macro for taming random grey and in meantime manually renaming the tamed once to "a" . When too many followers I run a macro for relasing (say a release, click button) until they're all released. I see these tamed creatures everywhere with long name and I guess the tamers didn't type it in manually every time?

(I want to come as close as possible to be able to read books / watch tv in the same time as taming ;)

One other thing... once a creature is tamed I know it will be harder to tame the next time, which I suppose is good when it comes to gaining. How many times can you actually gain from one single creature?

bksdaduo

Master

Is there a way to automate the tame/rename/release process btw? As for now I run around with a macro for taming random grey and in meantime manually renaming the tamed once to "a" . When too many followers I run a macro for relasing (say a release, click button) until they're all released. I see these tamed creatures everywhere with long name and I guess the tamers didn't type it in manually every time?

(I want to come as close as possible to be able to read books / watch tv in the same time as taming ;)

One other thing... once a creature is tamed I know it will be harder to tame the next time, which I suppose is good when it comes to gaining. How many times can you actually gain from one single creature?

Once.

Retaming the same creature that YOU have tamed isn't going to result in gains. You are correct that taming a creature that someone else has already tamed/released does increase difficulty and can result in gains.

You actually gain better on this server from successes, not failures.

tader

Expert

You can do this with a upstream macro

http://greeduo.wix.com/uomacro#!uosteam-animal-taming-for-uoforever/cza5

Just change the code to reflect a new name otherwise it won't tame animals that others using the default script have released

Henrik

Master
You can do this with a upstream macro

http://greeduo.wix.com/uomacro#!uosteam-animal-taming-for-uoforever/cza5

Just change the code to reflect a new name otherwise it won't tame animals that others using the default script have released

Cool, thx! Tried it out and it works pretty good.

Btw. Is it any ideas to tame Great hearts, Grizzlys and retames at 57? I can start taming them but fails (almost?) every time. Seems to raise very slow at this low point for me... like 0,5-0,7 in an hour or so. Probably taming the wrong things...? Also, is the easiest stuff like birds and rabbits giving any gains or are they too easy?

Henrik

Master
Cool, thx! Tried it out and it works pretty good.

Btw. Is it any ideas to tame Great hearts, Grizzlys and retames at 57? I can start taming them but fails (almost?) every time. Seems to raise very slow at this low point for me... like 0,5-0,7 in an hour or so. Probably taming the wrong things...? Also, is the easiest stuff like birds and rabbits giving any gains or are they too easy?

After some trial and errors I can answer this myself to help others who may wonder.

Because you gain significially more from success than from fails you should focus on creatures that are easier to tame (but aren't too easy). At 55-60 I found hinds, timber wolves, llamas etc to bring most gains and when I started to focus on them things started to happen. Gained several skill points just in a couple of hours from them and have now reached 60.5.