WTS Hooded Shroud - Listening to Offers

Decoy

Grandmaster
Just getting a feel for what people think this is worth. I have offers of 50m and 60m but I haven't reached out to the community. I'll probably create a more formal auction for it later, as I'm still having fun with it.

The shroud was hue 2503 (ember). It is dyeable and due to an incident involving a dye tub it is no longer 2503.

The shroud has 2 neat effects. First, by double clicking it in your paperdoll, it will switch from a normal robe to the shroud, and vice versa. Second, when in "shroud mode," it changes your name to "a shrouded figure." This name shows up to you and everyone in-game: on scoreboards, in your paperdoll, above your character's head, even in your character selection menu if you happen to log out with it. The name change isn't permanent - you can get your original name back by double clicking the shroud or unequipping it.

Picture with the original hue (r.i.p.):

cH1EhkI.png

Lithium149

Grandmaster
You tried to buy vendor npc dye tub and dye it?

The vendor NPC dye tub if you don't touch the colours will revert most clothing back to its original state.

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
I did, it turned it into a death shroud looking robe/shroud.
Feel like you should be able to plead with Shane to restore it back to original color and 'lock' the item so it is not dyable at all. That item did generate an insane amount of revenue for the server and it would be a shame to see it ruined :p
@Shane

Dale Winton

Master
Damn that's some sexy pixles! I would totally buy this, apart from the fact that my bank balance is less than 1/4 of what it's worth.

I heard a rumour that if you dye it pink you literally win UO ;)

Good luck with the sale mate. If by some mirracle I gain an extra 50mil in the next few days I will totally bid :D

the stever

Master
Saw it in game on Dagger island. I was never a fan of the original hue and think it looks way better now. You look just like a ghost wearing it!

lollo

Grandmaster
I think 50-60m is crazy, especially since we have no guarantee at all that this is gonna stay unique. For all we know it might be on the dono vendor in 2 months, IT DID HAPPEN BEFORE WITH RAFFLE ITEMS.

If Shane guarantees that this is gonna remain one of a kind then I guess 50m is reasonable, but only because gold isn't worth shit on this server any more

exince

Grandmaster
I think 50-60m is crazy, especially since we have no guarantee at all that this is gonna stay unique. For all we know it might be on the dono vendor in 2 months, IT DID HAPPEN BEFORE WITH RAFFLE ITEMS.

If Shane guarantees that this is gonna remain one of a kind then I guess 50m is reasonable, but only because gold isn't worth shit on this server any more

50-60m is insane though..

would make a item bless deed worth easily 200m as it actually has a use :D

Decoy

Grandmaster
Regarding it being dyeable / original hue, I'm not sure what the story is. I'll have to reach out to staff again but the last thing I heard when I got a hold of staff was something like "the dyeable flag wasn't set to false."

exince

Grandmaster
Regarding it being dyeable / original hue, I'm not sure what the story is. I'll have to reach out to staff again but the last thing I heard when I got a hold of staff was something like "the dyeable flag wasn't set to false."

lucky u :) that brimstone is ugly as s**t ;)

lollo

Grandmaster
It's way more valuable IMO, if it's dyable.

That being said, wouldn't offer anything close to 50m for it.

I really wanted this, but as I already told to decoy, if someone is really wanting to spend 60m on it he should sell it in a heartbeat.
I would have spent 30m tops on this but I know that for lots of people who can play 5-10 hours each single day (and there's a lot here) 50m are nothing since it's so easy to make gold on UOF (btw @Shane you should do something about this, with meta pets and dexers it's waaaaaay too easy to farm gold)

parsnip

Grandmaster
On OSI a hooded shroud was one of my favourite items. If I had the gold I'd put a healthy offer in. Given that forever robes seem to go for 8m, I would expect this to exceed 15m but would be surprised if it went for more than 25m. What do I know though! :p The most I can sensibly afford is 10m, so I'll put that in as a cheeky bid :D