Holiday event

HanseInsne

Novice
When I saw the Christmas invasion, off I want. Mind you, I have been here 3 weeks. Smacked a few deer and before I could search them , I was being attacked. I could not for the life of me to see why. I did not notice the flag warning.

Died off I rezed and decided to snake back and watch. I saw more folks waiting for someone to attack the invaders and then attack that person. Well, I stayed away from that one after that.

I do believe in risk vs, reward, but could we have a few events where I am not flagged when trying to enjoy the contest?

thestand

Grandmaster
You are probably looting a corpse that is blue. It can be difficult to tell sometimes when there are a bunch of corpses stacking up.

Got to be carefull and pay attention to the messages on the bottom left corner of your screen. It will say looting this corpse will be a criminal act or something like that.

Best bet is to not loot unless you are sure the corpse is grey to you. It's not worth getting guardwhacked and losing all your stuff.

The corpse goes from blue to grey pretty quick so just wait it out and use all names to see if it is blue or not.

When in doubt open the corpse one more time to see if you get the warning message at bottom left of screen.

KoldesLives

Journeyman
I'd like to concur with thestand - the only time that you're going to go gray during that event is when you loot a blue corpse. With the millions of corpses on the ground, it was easy to do. I died twice to that by mistake and lost two $15,000 axes. Fortunately I was able to recoup that quite quickly with more efficient looting, but it still sucked.

I think your analysis of "I saw more folks waiting for someone to attack the invaders and then attack that person." is inaccurate. They were a ton of thieves around that day so maybe people were being attacked due to that. No one went gray for attacking the invasion mobs.

That said, I hope you're able to enjoy the next event more! :)