Hiding skill

Don Key

Master
I'm posting this here because I think it's a bug, but I'm sure there's a reason for it.

But it seems like you have to be double the distance from an agressor to be able to use the hiding skill. By my rough late night maths it was about 16 tiles away before I could use the skill. Normally it was 8. What gives?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
What is your skill at? Are you tabbing out before attempting to hide? I know at GM hiding I know ho problem hiding from about 8-10 tiles

halygon

Grandmaster
Its either 12 tiles or 14 tiles -- i always forget. It is the length of one UO screen (tile wise). This is of course assuming that you don't break the line of sign (LoS) and then you can hide whenever the LoS is broken.

Don Key

Master
Maybe I didn't tab out but I didn't think that even mattered cause it should be the same distance regardless.

Luxvero

Journeyman
half a screen? i cant hide from a limp zombie halfscreen targeting me GM hiding. and half-screen on the 800pixels width

how to count tiles in an isometric engine? X,Y on the monitor are actually diagonals on uo map

halygon

Grandmaster
half a screen? i cant hide from a limp zombie halfscreen targeting me GM hiding. and half-screen on the 800pixels width

how to count tiles in an isometric engine? X,Y on the monitor are actually diagonals on uo map
Take a step -- attempt to hide
take a step -- attempt to hide
take a step -- successfully hide (count number of steps)

kyleakira

Master
The benefits of 100 Hiding is that you can hide succesfully at 8 tiles distance from an attacker?

What can you do with 80 Hiding then? I need some info about that skill. Thanks

halygon

Grandmaster
The benefits of 100 Hiding is that you can hide succesfully at 8 tiles distance from an attacker?

What can you do with 80 Hiding then? I need some info about that skill. Thanks
Not quite. You can hide 9 tiles out regardless of your skill level. Your skill level only determines your success rate at hiding.