Hiding and walking doesn't gain stealth

xplosiw

Hi!

So, I've read on the forums that you can just macro stealthing by hiding and then just walking. Doesn't work for me, I don't get any gains out of it! I have to hide - 10sec pause - stealth etc. to get any gains. Am I doing something wrong?

I do have a horse with me, but this doesn't work even when I dismount. Should I get rid of my horse? Also, can you stealth on a horse (other than ethreals I assume)?

Radar Mile

Master
You can't stealth while mounted. Also, you need a certain amount of stealth before you can just walk without using the actual stealth skill. I would recommend training it with the thieves' guildmaster in Buc's and going from there.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Hi!

So, I've read on the forums that you can just macro stealthing by hiding and then just walking. Doesn't work for me, I don't get any gains out of it! I have to hide - 10sec pause - stealth etc. to get any gains. Am I doing something wrong?

I do have a horse with me, but this doesn't work even when I dismount. Should I get rid of my horse? Also, can you stealth on a horse (other than ethreals I assume)?

More info, what is your skill level in stealth?

Jairash

Expert
Hiding and walking works. Started to play 3 days ago and i got to 100 in hid and stealth in less then a day .
Dismount first :D.
Just increase your level of armor accordingly to your stealth skill. I used random armors i looted from mobs in newbies dungeon. It's really fast.

xplosiw

Okay, so the problem probably is that my skill level is too low (below 10 actually). I'll go see the thief guildmaster.

Thanks for the responses!