Good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SidX

Grandmaster
So stealable rares have been brought up a bunch of times and I think it's understood they're not making a return. As an alternative addition for thieves, I hereby propose "hidden treasure chests".

What is a hidden treasure chest?

A hidden treasure chest would be a locked metal chest that spawns randomly in the world. It looks just like a dungeon chest, but perhaps a different hue. At any point in time, there may be none, one, or many chests spawned across the land. Their spawn locations are random, somewhat like RDAs, but their spawn location is NOT influenced by killing spawn. They're simply random, that's it.

What would be inside of the chest?

These chests would be on the higher level of chests, yielding more valuable items, more gold (3k-5k+ per chest) and a chance at rare items. Perhaps some of the old stealable rares could be tossed into the mix. The loot would be similar to a higher level dungeon chest, but with better loot, more gold, and a chance at some rares.

This is a good way to bring back some of the old stealable rares, since many of them made AWESOME deco and are literally now just going to waste. The monster drop rate on them must be far too low, since I haven't seen a SINGLE person post any of the old stealable deco rares on the forums, D!scord, etc. since stealables got removed. The tall candle, closed barrel, urns, baskets, playing cards, etc.. perfect deco but no longer realistically obtainable.

Why do we need this?

I think implementing this new method of obtaining rares, or different unique items, really would add some needed "oomph" to the thief class on UOF. Right now, being a thief is incredibly boring and monotonous. Stealable rares kept me logged into UOF multiple times a day, and for many multi-hour periods of time. Once they were removed, that all went away. As someone who primarily plays a thief, some days here become difficult to to stay logged in for more than an hour or so due to there being nothing to do.

But I hate thieves! They don't need anything else!

To those who hate thieves or don't understand the need for something more... just understand some people like playing thieves in UO. Just like you like your tamer, or your crafter crafter, or your PK, some people play a thief and enjoy it thoroughly. PvPers have entire systems in place like militias. Crafters have BODs. Tamers have meta pets. Hunters and PvMers have talismans to work. Thieves have, well, not much.

Shorted

Apprentice
This is a great idea. Is there any reason to even lockpick and loot chests in dungeons these days? Is there ever anything worth it in them?