Hi all

Peremptor

I'm new (again) to UOF but UO has been a mainstay of my revolving addictions across three decades now.

Great Lakes, blah blah, played forever ago, had this, had that. Whatever.

I love bards because the *dance* is what brings you back.

Nothing in MMOs compares to having 3 bandaids, 8k in gold, a sword you *KNOW* has to be a vanq and just enough regs for a recall... but knowing that there's one more set of chests in the southern half of that big room in Destard when.... ^%$#! reds.

Yea. PK'd, outta para boxes and no pots.

So the red bastages got you & your 8k - in that "special box" you stored the loot in just in case things got non-copacetic. Ghost it out and wait for the bOoM!

In the old days, even death could be glorious.

Believe it or not, modern MMOs don't give you quite the same thrills as a late 90's stealthy, tinkering troubadour with a gift for turning the odd lock or two.

UO is the eternal "you up?" text at 3AM on a Thursday in February. It's that one picture you keep tucked back way deep in the top drawer. It's the mellow replay you conjure up when you're driving the long stretch to grandma's at Christmas and everyone's asleep.

Thanks to great shards like UOF, that text in blue always comes back, "yea. come over"

Laerix & Peremptor
Late of Great Lakes, Leafcull & Malfurion

Peremptor

The global pandemic being as good a reason as any to get stuck in, I find myself back in Sosaria. I love this place.

To those of you who have never left, I salute you and admire your success and prosperity. The lands are alive with screeching demons, murmuring statuary and vendors hawking wares beyond comprehension. Your constructs scrape the very nethers of the heavens. Glorious indeed.

Thanks to Shoeless Steve, the noble soul whose gift of a king's ransom in gear (that I'll never wear beyond that youngling tag!) has propelled me to feats of derring-do that I'd scarce thought possible - all for the promise, duly sworn, that I pay it forward some fine day.

Fair winds and Godspeed!

"I'm here."