Hello was wondering

DreadNorseMan

Neophyte
Does all the Bard skills work.. is it possible to play provoking and discording my way through the game? with magery for my backup.

DreadNorseMan

Neophyte
I know Im not the only one that use to love to play bard... but I just cant see myself getting back into it unless I can do most of the higher end stuff.. solo just by provoking and doing what I loved so much about the game to begin with.

Fenix

Journeyman
Yes provokers are very good at money making here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DreadNorseMan

Neophyte
just provoke though... disco and peace are on the bench so to speak? I read that provoke n peace share the same cooldown so that would make it you choose one over the other correct.

Fenix

Journeyman
Peacemaking has limited applications, and is significantly slower at killing high-end mobs than provocation. That being said, many bards take both anyways

DreadNorseMan

Neophyte
yeah and if the more bard skills you have the small bonus when calculating effictiveness on harder mobs applys having both will jump your skill up slightly.. which was the beauty of 120 peace provo disco and music back in the old days haha. Rounding yourself out with Magery and w/e else you seen fit for your play style for the Skill Cap.. Not sure that applys here though.. my last bard on a different shard was Provo Music Archery Tactics Healing was fun to play but relied on Recall Scrolls and Rune books to get around.. not a problem if you have another character that's a mage lol

Fenix

Journeyman
The template you mentioned is a typical provo archer, which is a very successful PvE template here:

GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy
GM Healing
GM Resist
GM Provo
GM Music

I'm in the process of building that exact character 100/100/25. Does it suck to be relegated to recalls? Ya, but this char can pull in a lot of gold fast without missin a beat

DreadNorseMan

Neophyte
Indeed it is a fun way to play the game.. Been while since I played UO but even with the amount of MMO's out there.. they still hold no torch to UO and its fundamental system of character development. Not to mention the True control over who you are, what you do, and how you do it.

Khaladon

Master
I run that above template as well. Just use gm magery instead of resist. Have 50 mana and u can summon a demon to tank for you while you provo and blast from afar with bow.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

DreadNorseMan

Neophyte
The one I miss doing was a Sneaking Bard.. but it took I think more skill then the cap here will allow.. and still be decent enough.. X_X

Sumyungguy

Journeyman
My template is

ALL GM
Provo
Music
mage
Resist
Archery
Tact
Med

Do u think if i went with 50/50 med/heal that would work? or do u need anatomy with heal?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DreadNorseMan

Neophyte
50 heal wouldn't be super... or not from my experience in the game.. not this shard per say.. Anatomy is only a boost to how much hp you heal each time.. its not needed to heal.. Med is one of those Luxury skills.. in my honest UO experience.. its something you drop later to get the ones you get power scrolls for to go up to 120.. so in the end its not really needed.. so if you want heal go full 100 heal and drop Med all together. That's me talking from dozens of shards of experience.. could be different here.. but I almost doubt it.

greebo

Apprentice
The template you mentioned is a typical provo archer, which is a very successful PvE template here:

GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy
GM Healing
GM Resist
GM Provo
GM Music

I'm in the process of building that exact character 100/100/25. Does it suck to be relegated to recalls? Ya, but this char can pull in a lot of gold fast without missin a beat

It is wonderful. yes.

I have seen archers doing quite amazing things on this server in particular.

HOWEVER, as I am old school.. I will ALWAYS choose magery over every other skill. Always. I know .. there are dex monkeys, I know archer is 'op' here.

But every true pvp'er I have ever known that is worth his salt is actually a mage. They F you up 7 ways to sunday - as they have tricks for days. Furthermore, ye olde group pvp... ranged dps... just no comparison to mages that are badass solo but now work in groups to mangle.

Granted this is my experience from yonder years long past. So it may change if they have boosted archery beyond all senses.... but until I see it first hand vs a mage that knows his shit... Im gonna stay with my old views.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I have 120 peace on my bard and love it. You can use it to peace one mob and loot the others, peace one mob to level out the health of whatever mob it's fighting, area peace in a tight spot, and area peace when getting attacked by a dexxer. It's amazing how many times I've escaped a dexxer pk attempt thanks to area peace :)

120 peace
115 voke
Music
Hide
Mage
Med
85 Eval