Hello everyone long time vet just starting back up after 5 years, question

fingerfoods

Neophyte
Hey everyone,

As the title says, I am vet that started playing on Chesapeake just before UO second age. I have been thinking about starting a provo tamer first to make some money to buy a house and I would love for you all to critique my build I am planning.

100 Taming
100 Animal Lore
100 Musicianship
100 Provoke
92 Magery (enough to 100% cast for 6th circle spells while still allowing me to cast 8th circle 30% of the time)
80 Veterinary (enough to res my pet and with 100 lore get decent heals)
79 Magic Resist (enough to resist spells 33% of the time from attacks against someone with 100 magery)
49 Meditation (Not much but I don't plan on doing much fighting with this char)

100 Str 25 Dex 100 Int

Please let me know if you think I am spread too thin or if this looks OK

teitei

Adept
I like where you're going with the build. I personally wouldn't include resist in the build for the fact that you'll be a GM tamer with a White Wyrm, Dragon, Nightmare, etc. by your side. You'll be able to stick your pet on anyone/anything that attempts to kill you. Also, by removing resist, you can GM magery (heal yourself and pet), med (faster mana regeneration) and vet (heal pet).

Don't take my word for it though. Get yourself an account on Discord (gamer chat)...

https://www.uoforum.com/threads/connecting-to-uof-discord.82860/

Get connected to the Ultima Online Forever channel and start looking through the different sections. You'll find a lot of information in the text channels and you can put a headset on and sit in on one of the voice channel conversations.

In the text channels you can head over to the #general section and get to know a few people and ask around what build may be best for this server. There are many experienced people that can help with any questions you may have.

P.S. My main char/toon has the same exact build, minus the resist.

Good luck with the build and welcome to UOF. :)