Healing

Traveller

Neophyte
Hi,

I am trying to fit healing as a support skill on a template that is already short of skill points. So, my question is:

What are the values of healing and anatomy that allow me 100% chance to heal poisons and normal wounds?

I already read the healing guides around the forum (and the rest of the internet to be honest), but unless I missed something this information is not available. Obviously 60 healing and 60 anatomy are both requested, but that is for an 80% cure chance, not 100%, and nowhere are mentioned the minimum values of healing and anatomy to pull of a normal healing with 100% likelyhood. I am aware that my healing would heal for less with lower values, but I am only interested in pulling off the heal and cures with 100% chance, not obtain the full healing values.

Anyone got an idea of what those values might be? Since the test server here works differently from OSI (no adjsutable skill levels) I have not the freedom to perform the tests I would like to do.

halygon

Grandmaster
Posting your template that you are trying to make might be helpful for some suggestions. I mean honestly if you are going to rely upon healing for cures, you will need GM healing and 80 anatomy. That will also give a chance to resurrect. Less anatomy equals less damage healed though.

But knowing your template might give avenues for different thoughts.

Traveller

Neophyte
I am still toying with ideas, so I haven't a single template in mind. What I am sure is that I will be relying primarily on magery for heals, so healing would be just a supporting skill (it would be a very defensive char). That is why I am not worried about resurrections. And while I will not be relying on healing for cures, it would be nice to have the additional option. But I hate non-determinism, so I would consider it only if I could get close-to-100% success rate.

For the same reason I am trying to understand if having less than 100 healing/anatomy would still guarantee a 100% cure and heal and still save me some skill points. I read the formula, so I am well aware that the amount healed would be less than optimal, but that is not my main concern. I am a bit vexed that since renaissance I haven't been able to find any formula for likelyhood of success, so I guess noone knows for certain or perhaps it's as easy as hiding so noone bothered to put it down in writing.

If noone knows I guess I will have to waste a lot of time testing it out. :eek: It's not like that I don't like testing things out, it's just that it takes time training and retraining skills. So... anyone? (please, please, please)

Traveller

Neophyte
Honestly I don't think I have ever used healing to its full extent, so... that's a good question. :) Probably depends on poison level?

halygon

Grandmaster
I am still toying with ideas, so I haven't a single template in mind. What I am sure is that I will be relying primarily on magery for heals, so healing would be just a supporting skill (it would be a very defensive char). That is why I am not worried about resurrections. And while I will not be relying on healing for cures, it would be nice to have the additional option. But I hate non-determinism, so I would consider it only if I could get close-to-100% success rate.

For the same reason I am trying to understand if having less than 100 healing/anatomy would still guarantee a 100% cure and heal and still save me some skill points. I read the formula, so I am well aware that the amount healed would be less than optimal, but that is not my main concern. I am a bit vexed that since renaissance I haven't been able to find any formula for likelyhood of success, so I guess noone knows for certain or perhaps it's as easy as hiding so noone bothered to put it down in writing.

If noone knows I guess I will have to waste a lot of time testing it out. :eek: It's not like that I don't like testing things out, it's just that it takes time training and retraining skills. So... anyone? (please, please, please)
This will be as good as it gets formula wise: https://web.archive.org/web/20020806222303/http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/healing.shtml

Traveller

Neophyte
Well, it's interesting.

I did some tests, and it appears, that as I expected, chance to heal is proportional to the value of healing skiill alone. I tested with 100 heal and 60 anat, and still healed myself 100% of times, while with 60 healing 100 anat I was able to heal about 60% of times. However, contrary to what i expected it appears that with 100 heal 60 anat I seem to be able to cure any poison 100% of times. I am sure about L1 and L2 poison, and also got 7/7 success with L4 (not enough to get a reliable statistics, but the character I am using for testing doesn't have poisoning, so I could test only until my char had eaten enough bread...). Also, with 60 heal and 100 anat I could heal poisons only 60% of times or less.

So it appears that anatomy has no relevant effect on how often a heal or cure goes through.

Obviously testing curing L5 might take some more time.