Heads up before you nerf things.

bksdaduo

Master
I honestly think that I don't separate the majority of the UOF community into their play styles. I also know that the vast majority of sustained PVP guilds on this server are also very strong and involved in the PVM aspect of the game so that they can sustain their UOF lifestyles and play styles.
So yes, I think that donations come from all play styles. As far as I'm concerned the server can't survive without both. We can, however, survive without you. When will you be leaving?

There is a clear distinction for a majority of the player base as to which category they fall into. It's well known and obvious that the typical "tram crew" provide the majority of donations.

The fact that your entire argument was based on pvp being nerfed so taming should be nerfed just proves that you're a moron.

PvP has never received a major nerf (you dont even pvp..), it has only been tweaked to provide balance for the real pvp'ers and factions has now been updated to encourage outsiders to participate. PvP changes affect the entire server.. meta changes affect only PvM.

Please provide an example of a pvp "nerf" that shit on 300+ hours of work that someone put into a template/item... you can't and the only reason you've been vocal about the meta change is because you're a broke ***** with nothing to show for your time spent in game.

I'm still waiting on a staff reply to the fact that slayer weapons cost $10k and can kill a balron in 15-20 seconds yet they haven't had the damage reduced by 90%.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
There is a clear distinction for a majority of the player base as to which category they fall into. It's well known and obvious that the typical "tram crew" provide the majority of donations.

The fact that your entire argument was based on pvp being nerfed so taming should be nerfed just proves that you're a moron.

PvP has never received a major nerf, it has only been tweaked to provide balance for the real pvp'ers and factions has now been updated to encourage outsiders to participate. PvP changes affect the entire server.. meta changes affect only PvM.

Please point out where I said that PvP was nerfed? I didn't.

I pointed out that Tamers received 1 nerf in 2 years and are now trying to strong arm @Shane and @Adam by crying that they will be leaving.

Please just leave, we'll see you back after a few weeks.

bksdaduo

Master
Please point out where I said that PvP was nerfed? I didn't.

I pointed out that Tamers received 1 nerf in 2 years and are now trying to strong arm @Shane and @Adam by crying that they will be leaving.

Please just leave, we'll see you back after a few weeks.

"There are as many major players on this server that aren't tamers and want a focus on PVP, they were thrown a bone and you weren't this time. Deal with it."

You shouldn't have to shit all over a majority of a server's player base to improve participation in another area.

As far as my play time goes.. I've left in the past for several months and I'll surely do it again. I left the first time because the pvp here was a joke. I have zero issue with leaving UO for good unlike some of the people here.. I don't play because my life revolves around it, I play because it WAS entertaining.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
"There are as many major players on this server that aren't tamers and want a focus on PVP, they were thrown a bone and you weren't this time. Deal with it."

You shouldn't have to shit all over a majority of a server's player base to improve participation in another area.

As far as my play time goes.. I've left in the past for several months and I'll surely do it again. I left the first time because the pvp here was a joke. I have zero issue with leaving UO for good unlike some of the people here.. I don't play because my life revolves around it, I play because it WAS entertaining.

Guy what are you talking about? Your class got 1 nerf in 2 years and you're throwing a tantrum like a child.

The bone I was referring to were the faction changes, the PVP community was thrown a bone with the upgrade to factions. It has absolutely nothing to do with tamers, or this nerf. Grow up.

I'm done with this thread. Cry somewhere else.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
yea somepeople just purchased thiers at a rediculas price and now its nerfed thats not fair
UOF mentality goes the other direction. For every "this should be fair" post, you get 2-4 junkies making counter points. Just look at a couple threads dealing with this.

It's tamers vs people who don't want to train a tamer/jealous of tamers/feel tamers should make the same amount of gold as another template.

Quit the fight now while your ahead, it's futile.

The relic was SO powerful it needed a 75% nerf...

75 fucking %.

Something went REALLY really wrong somewhere.

Mordoc

Master
jeezzzzzz....everyone talking about tamers, pvm'rs, and pvp'rs and not one mention of us RP'rs!!!!

ok ok......i know that wasnt necessary im just trying to lighten the mood here so that this thread doesnt get locked and people can maybe have a helpful discussion about the change.

Adam has always said he is open to discussion about changes and im sure Shane is too, so maybe everyone can calmly discuss the issue they have with the change and maybe come up with a better solution.

Screamn

Master
UOF mentality goes the other direction. For every "this should be fair" post, you get 2-4 junkies making counter points. Just look at a couple threads dealing with this.

It's tamers vs people who don't want to train a tamer/jealous of tamers/feel tamers should make the same amount of gold as another template.

Quit the fight now while your ahead, it's futile.

The relic was SO powerful it needed a 75% nerf...

75 fucking %.

Something went REALLY really wrong somewhere.

also Taming Takes way more time to raise and way more time to train it should be offset in tamings direction,, Honestly u can make a bard archer in 1 day. I feel taming should be powerful in pvm.

kurtis

Grandmaster
While Duck Face's constant crying has been annoying, I don't think he's wrong here. A little heads up before a major nerf is not too much to ask.

Infectious

Master
While Duck Face's constant crying has been annoying, I don't think he's wrong here. A little heads up before a major nerf is not too much to ask.
Obviously the staff seen it was super OP and wanted to change it asap.... why do they need to tell everyone before they nerf it? I have a tamer and have no problem with this nerf because WE can still make shitloads of money super quick...

kurtis

Grandmaster
Obviously the staff seen it was super OP and wanted to change it asap.... why do they need to tell everyone before they nerf it? I have a tamer and have no problem with this nerf because WE can still make shitloads of money super quick...

I don't disagree that it was a necessary nerf and that tamers are still exceptional farmers. But it's an item that people invested a lot of time and gold into. They have a right to know what changes are made and should have an opportunity to discuss. I think this is true for any significant change.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I'm more bothered by the clear cycle for changes:

*players cry*
*change*
*players cry*
*change is reverted to a degree*

It makes it seem like there is no 'plan', its just reacting to what they hear and see. Think out and test the changes and have them be final instead of just jerking the wheel back and forth whenever the crying gets loud.

tader

Expert
I'm more bothered by the clear cycle for changes:

*players cry*
*change*
*players cry*
*change is reverted to a degree*

It makes it seem like there is no 'plan', its just reacting to what they hear and see. Think out and test the changes and have them be final instead of just jerking the wheel back and forth whenever the crying gets loud.
I agree completely. It is like they over nerf something just so they know they can cut the nerf back some to appease people. This goes for both Pvp and Pvm oriented changes. Also seriously this is a small enough dev and player base that we should have open design changes BEFORE they happen so that there is only 1 change. That is a key advantage to larger dev teams. Not so much getting more done which is obvious, but for more ideas and angles of thought to occur. You need someone to tell you your idea is bad and here is why.

I personally like the new cap for murder's heads but the way the change took place was quite rude just like the theifong changes, detect hidden, and many others. The only time something should be rushed out is when it is game breaking. The quick silver change could be argued to need a drastic no warning/discussion change but really it has been broke for months and no one cared.

Finally if you don't have a test server and let people drop in on it please consider it. Even if it staff+20 peeps. Have them hop on and try to abuse the systems your putting in place.