Hard Numbers on Arms Lore?

i dropped arms lore because on most mobs it doesnt make a difference especially if u have 25 tactics bonus or archery bonus from weapon. i notice it only on like paragon ogre lords and rotting corpses.. stuff like that. other stuff id rather lethal poison then and deadly poison and also use it for pvp in case pk runs up.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
my template is fencing/poisoning/archery/resist/anatomy/tactics/healing.. Level 10 zerker with only 2 relics phase and infected wounds. but the infected is badass with poisoning u can lethal poison mobs even hi end mobs like balrons etcs,. also the archery u can poison from a distance and take down any mob with slayer armor . i solo level 6 maps with this template no problem.. the harder mobs like paragon ancient wyrms and para ballys just kite them with slayer bow.

interesting template, I like it other than no hiding, would it be terribly gimped if you dropped poisoning to 50 and got 50 hiding?

I actually didn't know infected wounds worked with archery... I feel stupid for not getting one now. do you actually have to have poisoning skill for it to work? I thought you just had to have potions in your backpack, like if you had a bunch of deadly poison potions in your backpack, it didn't matter what poisoning skill you had, it would still DP mobs?

Xiulan

Master
I actually didn't know infected wounds worked with archery... I feel stupid for not getting one now. do you actually have to have poisoning skill for it to work? I thought you just had to have potions in your backpack, like if you had a bunch of deadly poison potions in your backpack, it didn't matter what poisoning skill you had, it would still DP mobs?

Nope, you don't need poisoning skill for infected wounds to work, it just gives a bonus. Here's what it says on the wiki:

"If the user is carrying poison potions they have a chance to charge their weapon with poison and infect creatures with the consumed level of poison. As Infected Wounds levels up, the cool down is reduced and the number of infections available per potion is increased. This works with any weapon including two handed weapons such as axes and bows. The Poisoning skill gives a bonus to the number of infections per potion and also gives a chance for the poison to be upgraded one level higher, making lethal poison a possibility. The higher your poisoning, the more likely you are to get an upgrade in the poison level."

When I tried carrying deadly poison potions in my backpack, infected wounds didn't seem to proc at all... maybe you need to max it before you can handle that level of poison? Not sure. I usually just carry lesser poisons but a lot of mobs are immune or cure it easily, so I haven't found this relic particularly useful.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
thanks for the info, I really want to shoot poison arrows now.. I wonder if there's a sweet spot of poisoning like 50 skill level where it procs enough, but not wasting a whole 100 skill points on it

Bromista

Grandmaster
Without nox as a skill I'm carrying greaters at lvl 5 almost 6 infected cause it's what I've got laying around. I've used both dp and greater getting here and haven't noticed much difference aside from tali leveling up.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Without nox as a skill I'm carrying greaters at lvl 5 almost 6 infected cause it's what I've got laying around. I've used both dp and greater getting here and haven't noticed much difference aside from tali leveling up.

how often does it proc? enough to be on cooldown most of the time?

halv

Grandmaster
IMO there is a difference between melee attacks like swordmanship or fencing and archery. All relics don't proc that often at archery. After changing my zerker back to sword and the use of katanas ds and iw are procing just after end of cooldown. With archery is very random in my experience. And archery is missing to often. I decided to stay with katanas. IMO the rogue is the better archer tali.