Handouts

Kaching

Master
This is going to be construed as a crying thread I'm sure, but here goes. Handouts... if you're going to do a handout for a particular thing like an inconvenience caused to people for X event... it would make more sense to do the handout to people who participated in the event, than it would to just whoever was logged in at X time... if anything, it makes more sense to just do the handout to everyone on the server. People received handouts for an inconvenience of an event they had nothing to do with, no interest in, etc.. and people who had prior obligations etc missed out. I spent a grip of time during the event, and had to run to my office yesterday, left my character logged into the zombie event (makes sense for a zombie event handout right?) came back no handout... *doh* It is what it is... but if you're going to give a handout for a particular thing, it would make more sense to do the handout in a manner that would reward those involved and not just random people logged into the server at a given time. For this event... heck give it to any character who had atleast 10, 25 kills, 50 kills, something...so you're hitting the people who were affected. That seems pretty straight forward to me.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I agree. If I participated in an event and gained a score wtf does someone that did not play it at all but is just able to be online at a certain time get an item relating to that event but an active participant does not...

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

halygon

Grandmaster
I agree. If I participated in an event and gained a score wtf does someone that did not play it at all but is just able to be online at a certain time get an item relating to that event but an active participant does not...

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388
Two things. First handouts not given because of merit and on a whim of the staff tend to be worth more because not everyone got one. This is not a reward for the event but a reward for playing at that time, even if it themed the same as the event.

Second, players who actually participated in the event have the chance to receive event only items and awards. These rewards are worth the most because they are usually tiered meaning even rarer than the little handout.

Oh yeah, third , it's a nice gesture so why be upset.. If you didn't get one, that sucks but there is always next time.

Kaching

Master
I'm not upset. My point was it was announced they would be doing handouts due to the inconvenience of the event having to be delayed. (This affected parties concerned with said event, therefore it would make sense the reward was "intended" for them). So what does giving the reward to everyone logged in at a random time (not in [z) have to do with the "said reason" for the reward in the first place? I didn't say because of merit, my point was they could do it to people who actually participated in the event, they could determine that by a very low score achieved (as a minimum requirement) to receive the handout. Just to determine who actually even bothered with the zombie event. So ... I had 3k points "i actually participated in the event" but I didn't receive one because I had to leave to my office in the very late evening sunday and left my character logged into [z while I did so. Got back, no handout. Atleast do it in the middle of the day. It just makes no sense to announce a handout for people who were inconvenienced, but really handout is just to random people playing in the very late evening sunday night whether they were inconvenienced by the delays, or not, or even participated in the event. I'm not the one who said it was a handout due to the issues w/ the zombie event... admins did.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm not upset. My point was it was announced they would be doing handouts due to the inconvenience of the event having to be delayed. (This affected parties concerned with said event, therefore it would make sense the reward was "intended" for them). So what does giving the reward to everyone logged in at a random time (not in [z) have to do with the "said reason" for the reward in the first place? I didn't say because of merit, my point was they could do it to people who actually participated in the event, they could determine that by a very low score achieved (as a minimum requirement) to receive the handout. Just to determine who actually even bothered with the zombie event. So ... I had 3k points "i actually participated in the event" but I didn't receive one because I had to leave to my office in the very late evening sunday and left my character logged into [z while I did so. Got back, no handout. Atleast do it in the middle of the day. It just makes no sense to announce a handout for people who were inconvenienced, but really handout is just to random people playing in the very late evening sunday night whether they were inconvenienced by the delays, or not, or even participated in the event. I'm not the one who said it was a handout due to the issues w/ the zombie event... admins did.
Well you also got to think, we are a global community, so there really is any one good time. Plus I think the staff really hate it when people log in to do nothing but sit and wait for a handout.

Kaching

Master
And exactly what I suggested tends to those concerns. It only affects people who were involved with the event, which was stated as the whole reason for the handout... make sense?

thestand

Grandmaster
I bet if they handed out herpes you would still be pissed you missed it. I was on at the time and I don't remember them giving a reason for the handout. Why do you let yourself get hung up on this?

thestand

Grandmaster
Nah i'm good on the herpes. As a matter of fact they did give a reason if you knew what you were talking about before you spoke.

Oh, my bad. I was referring to the in game message right before the hand out. Side note - I got 3 zombie fingers gloves and I did not participate at all in the event! You can have one. Pm me. :)

Kaching

Master
Thanks, eppy offered as well and it's appreciated. I'm fine without the gloves just doesn't make sense the way the do some of the handouts when they state their intended reasoning. If it was just a random handout, the way they did it would make sense.

Pikachu

Adept
I participated in the event but you also forget that this event caused a 2 hour revert for the whole server so people lost skills and items and my guildie quit and gave away his stuff and I got some then I logged off came back to the server revert and the stuff given to someone else, this also happened to me at flubes house revert, server: 2 me: 0 Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShinPi

Grandmaster
Ya I lost some good shit to on that revert didn't play much zombies till Sunday haha buuuut it Def spiked my interest and can't wait to do a full one next time shit was fun

SaladinX

Grandmaster
I agree. I spent considerable time during the week....and have nothing to show for it, because I was not logged in at that time when the handouts were given.

I still think it was an awesome event...and i'll take my happiness in that.