Hail UOF`rs

I was going to post a question but was notified I had to introduce myself first! So after I do that, I`ll just ask here and see how it goes.

I just started,well restarted about a week ago. My account is 900 sum odd days old, but when I started here, I also discovered another shard and went off to play that instead. My last shard is so corrupt with afk resource gathering and scripts for everything from target share to god.... everything, I realized I made a huge mistake on choosing where to spend my time/dime.

After a week here, I feel like I wasted a long time there! So needless to say I am very glad to have re-found UOF. I love this shard and am tryin my best to get a foot hold. Still no house, but thats ok. Been training alot. Got a theif training atm and 2 bards. One is a pure bard, the other is a fencer/peacer. I know everyone goes for the archer/provoker and I may add provo and remove resist later but we`ll see. I don`t think I`ll need resist if I have peace and provo.

Been killed a few times by reds and thats OK! Luvin it here, I actually feel like I have a fighting chance against an attacker most times. it is so nice to play a shard that isn`t dominated by script pvp.

So a huge hello to my fellow adventurers and I look forward to many a year on what I hope to be my last shard!

On to my question I was going to ask in New players area:

I know unattended gathering is a no no and I hope it is strictly enforced when reported. My question is, I have this mining script that recalls to diff spots mines and recalls back to dump when heavy, than back to the mining spot ya just left,rinse and repeat.

Is that legal to use, if I`m sittin here watchin myself mine? So if a GM popped in to say hello, I would certainly be able to respond with a HELLO TO YOU GOOD SIR! I just want to make sure of the legalities of a macro like that.

I "think" it is fine if I`m attended, but want to make sure I start out on this great server on the right foot. Thanks!

Volco

Master
yup unattended resource/taming macroing is well enforced by the staff! your script sounds totally fine as long as you're around to respond when they pop up (as you said). :)

Welcome back to UOF!!

Awesome, i detest unattended gathering it was so rampant on my last server, its just disgraceful and irratating. Not to mention ruins the economy real quik.

But the macro does take all the tediousness out of mining so I would like to use it. Thanks for the quik reply! Maybe my 3rd account I am going to create now will have my crafter/miner mule(s).

But first..... a house!

Thanks, great to be here, wish I woulda chose this one first instead of the cesspool I just left! =)