Guild Leveling System

Greed

Master
Guild levels are something that would certainly not be necessary but could be kind of interesting nonetheless. The idea is that there would be levels for your guild based upon some sort of achievement based system. After completing X number of achievements your guild gains a level and so on it goes. As a guild levels perks are then offered for every new level and these perks offer guild members nice rewards from leveling their guild.

So for example

Level 1: Get an extra 5% chance to level a skill when leveling skills
Level 2: Monsters drop 10% more gold when slain
Level 3: Cool down time on Ring of Forgiveness is cut in half
Level 4: Stat loss time is cut in Half
Level 5: All buffs last twice as long (but are the same strength as before)
Level 6: Your max carry weight is increased by 50

I'm sure you could up with more but those are just some off the top of my head. Anyway if you guys hate this idea that's fine maybe its ******** idk. :p

AlyM

Grandmaster
I see a lot of problems with this. People would "grind" these levels up for their guild and just abuse it :/
People would only wanna join high level guilds, etc, and these high level guilds would be suckier due to the shitty new flood of members (if they accepted them all)..

Guilds that naturally had a ton of members would probably have a higher level... AKA Zerg Guilds that roll 15 deep would probably benefit a lot more from this than small guilds would... so yeah.. I don't think this is a good idea...

No offense at all, I just feel like this would be abused too much.

halygon

Grandmaster
Idk. I think the idea is great but would require careful thought to be put into what the rewards are.

*Edit:
On further thought...

There could be a tiered reward system. Once you get to a tier - you must select one of multiple Bonuses (and only one). Once you get to the next tier, you again select only one of the available bonuses. This way there isn't just one path up the guild level rewards and not all guilds can have all the bonuses. Make them choose between a pvp bonus or pvm.. etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Key

Master
This encourages people to play together. I like it. Just have to be careful with the bonuses so they aren't abused. Also don't want the bonuses to "force" people into joining a large guild. The bonuses shouldn't benefit pvp whatesoever.

Idk. I think the idea is great but would require careful thought to be put into what the rewards are.

*Edit:
On further thought...

There could be a tiered reward system. Once you get to a tier - you must select one of multiple Bonuses (and only one). Once you get to the next tier, you again select only one of the available bonuses. This way there isn't just one path up the guild level rewards and not all guilds can have all the bonuses. Make them choose between a pvp bonus or pvm.. etc
I endorse this product and/or service.

Snickle

Grandmaster
People often suggest ideas with no knowledge of how it would effect uof in the long run. Keep it original. Guild levels sounds cool but those suggested rewards are unbalanced.
There are lots of free servers that offer customized stuff. They all have about 10-20 clients. Go play with them :p

People often suggest ideas with no knowledge of how it would effect uof in the long run. Keep it original. Guild levels sounds cool but those suggested rewards are unbalanced.
There are lots of free servers that offer customized stuff. They all have about 10-20 clients. Go play with them :p
He did suggest for the GMs to come up with better rewards. The skill gain one and the gold one are fine. Another could be a higher chance to craft exceptional items. Another one might be the ability to place an NPC healer in a house with a guild stone.

i think all of these are too overpowered that he has listed. Only things that should be gained are trammie items for the guildhouse. Like flags, and other various things that dont affect gameplay whatsoever.

That could be accomplished by getting guildpoints for doing various things like RDAs and champ spawns giving your guild points for your contributions. these points could then be spent at a trammelite vendor that sells a flag or a fountain.