Guide: Thievery 101

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Your stealing has to be 80 to join also. So if you're not there yet do that between now and then to minimize wait time until you can rob mothafuckas. :)

Tarena

Master
With the addition of the boat changes runes have replaced keys for boats.

Though the runes are steal able they always come with a duplicate bank copy... Does this mean we can no longer steal and sell boats?

Kenny Chesney

Apprentice
As I have not bought a boat yet... can you help me understand this @Tarena? You mean they just have duplicate runes in the bank, but can you not still board them if you have the rune that was stolen? How does it work?

halygon

Grandmaster
With the addition of the boat changes runes have replaced keys for boats.

Though the runes are steal able they always come with a duplicate bank copy... Does this mean we can no longer steal and sell boats?
That's correct, but you get so much more out of your boats now. These ain't your momma's UO ships. (except in the case that your mother plays UOF, then she can have as many ships as she wants to buy).

halygon

Grandmaster
So @halygon the runes do not act like the old keys, before blessed, where you could recall to them after you steal the key and then steal the ship?
The ship runes are stealable and do not allow you to steal the ship (ships now have security like houses), but they do allow "other things". I won't spill the beans there though.

DrunkTiger

I still couldn`t figure how to prompt the npc to let me joing the guild... i`m not young, i`m already above 80... what else do i need? =(

DrunkTiger

Thanks Wil3ur!! Manage to pull it off after your comment! Thank you! =)

Now... the disguise kit... how do I buy this thing?

SidX

Grandmaster
Thanks Wil3ur!! Manage to pull it off after your comment! Thank you! =)

Now... the disguise kit... how do I buy this thing?
Pretty sure you can just go up to the Thief NPC (i.e. in Buc's) and say "<NPC NAME> buy disguise kit" or something like that. I think as long as you mention the NPC's full name and the word "disguise" it'll prompt you to pay 700gp for a kit. Drag the coins onto the NPC and he/she will put the kit in your pack.