Amalgam

Journeyman
My biggest fear for this server is too much gold in-game. (If stats were public, showing total-gold-on-server-over-time and daily influx, outflow, etc, or whatever, I believe we would witness a shocking trend - and a clear sign of need to dissipate gold).

With this in mind, I want to offer small suggestion which could very briefly help in the short-term.

Allow gravestones, and the burial plots themselves, to be put up for auction, or made available to purchase in some fashion.

It could be as simple as that, and yet, it could also allow for future development options.

Simplest example: Pick a plot, and put it up for sale. The winning character gets to customize the tombstone with a message, or just gets his/her name on it.

Future development options:

Perhaps double clicking it could signal the owner, or even summon the owner!
Perhaps double clicking it opens a cool wee menu that shows interesting player stats.
Walking over the grave sends a shiver up the spine of the owner.
Using a shovel on the grave yields a result....
Chance to spawn skeleton/zombie named after player at site of gravestone when owner dies, or
Option to spawn at gravestone after death.
Personal ankh.
Custom tribute to long-lost friend.

etc.

Any other suggestions? I'm just brainstorming, but feel that people might want to sink gold into this.

What ye reckon?