Gold Sink: Safe Trade Area Fee

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Although sadly I am a strong STRONG supporter of gold sinks and think there should be more. This idea simply targets the wrong people. Any fee that is the same for a new players as it is for a player worth 50m+ is either not going to be effective or is going to hurt that new player dramatically.
So you're telling me anyone from the release of Ultima Online down the road to years to the point of UO:R Trammel had no possible way of trade or survival?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Nice exaggeration really. Now how about you actually try to address the point. This is bad for new players. Sorry but population > everything. Just because you had it so hard and had to walk 20 miles to school up hill both ways doesn't mean your kids can't take the bus.

This is not good for new players and therefore not good. Now please post 350 words on why this idea helps anything?

(Although you may be right if all the new players quit no one is farming and that slow the economy. Great idea. Your server of 1 with perfect economy)

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
In the young status you have plenty of time to trade objects/items safely. There's a desert of unused player vendors keeping nothing but gold upon them/houses that should just fall. My life wouldn't end if I had no docks to go to. In fact I don't even use it even for high profile trades. The new players that I've noticed try to scratch a living just selling various resources which end up deeded and put on a vendor anyways.
You haven't addressed my criteria why should I type it up for you?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Because you are looking to change an aspect of the game currently in place but your right im wasting my time this is a bad idea and will die as soon as people stop telling you how bad it is. So... im done and so is this idea. Sorry they are not all winners.

Kael

Master
If no gold sink idea for trades. Maybe a staff authorized brokers. Sucks to find a meeting time with people in different selling zones. Would be cool to have trusted people that can make that trade for you for a cut of the price.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
IIn fact I don't even use it even for high profile trades.

So then why bring it up as a suggestion? If you don't do it and don't care to do it then why care to bring it up? Your idea just doesn't make sense, everyone is telling you so and you want to keep beating it into the ground yet you don't even care enough yourself to actually use the idea you're pitching.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I want quotes from every poster in this thread who has done this here so I can clearly see.
everyone is telling you so and you want to keep beating it into the ground yet you don't even care enough yourself to actually use the idea you're pitching.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
Everyone? Since when is one person everyone?

See below:

i don't like this idea.

Docks at the only real counter to that, trying to charge for them is just going to hurt young players like wreck said.

FUCK......NO

Sorry this idea only hurts new players.

More posters in this thread dislike this idea over liking it. Just think it doesn't work.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Never said this was a winner idea. It was just thrown out there. It's a concept like fair duels. No one will ever win.
And I'll just quote myself to reassure you of my first intention here.
Also 4 people does not count as everyone on this shard bubba.
And mess' quote was about thief scripting.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
On safe trading zone:

making it a gold sink hurts new players, they get stolen from once and quit pretty easy before they can see all the awesome content here for endgame

I also think it would be wiser to put more visible gates to enter the duelpits than just the grey one off to the side that exists or re-locating the safe trading area. Maybe a nice white gate with a sign beside it explaining that once a player goes through the gate they will be inside an area safe from theives with a banker there. Maybe the sign could also indicate how many players are currently in the duelpits so that would help people see how active the server is even without everyone needing to stand right at the bank

having the safe trading zone at the duelpits is great, it's been working wonders for the server sofar having traders and non pvpers occasionally see how many people are entering tournaments here etc.

It's also relatively spam free at the docks because you can't gate your vendors in that area. I just don't agree with stuffing everyone into a spammed area or forcing them to have a roof over their beautiful trammy heads so nobody can see them while theyre afk eating

The Gandin

Grandmaster
So my 3 likes on my actual post vs your 3 dislike posts and a misuse of a quote. Yep that's everyone on the shard.

Wow. Get over yourself. We get it. No one can have any other opinion. Did I say it was the whole shard? Talk about misusing quotes and shit. Every counter to your point, you change what your original point was. I didn't misquote anyone, it was all in reference to them thinking your idea wasn't a great one. It's all opinion based right? Isn't that the whole point of you posting this in Suggestions & Ideas? To get feedback? Well you got feedback in this thread and most of it isn't agreeing with the idea.

For real, I don't give a shit about it either way at this point. I've learned my lesson not to bother wasting my time replying to anything you suggest since, God forbid, it might be a disagreement on my end! [e gasp.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I'd like to know where you guys are getting these figures and logistics from. This is amazing.
It's not a factor of liking or disliking what I say it's what you present at the table when you actually speak up. It's like if someone says "don't attack" in mumble or TS... you wonder who what where huh? they talkin about me? Them? WHO ARE THEY!?