GM Resist for Dexxer

thetoolshed

Neophyte
Hello,

Wondering if there are any tips for GMing resist on a dexxer without magery.

Right now my setup is:

Alchemy
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Resist
Parry
Healing

I know Parry not be as popular because likely thats where Magery would be, and thus my stats would be a little different than a pure dexxer. I find Parry really useful, but obviously I cannot cast :(. Thus I cannot GM resist on myself.

I know reapers have always been a common spot, but they nuke really hard and I endanger myself of dying without a healer around. Is there an effective way to GM resist on dexxers using the world/mobs, or should I seek someone to blow me up while they macro? Or should I just hunt a certain set of mobs?

Thanks!

Jager

Grandmaster
make a magetype that you dont need resist on on your 2nd account and cast away
Lightning/E-Bolt/Manavamp

Fenix

Journeyman
make a magetype that you dont need resist on on your 2nd account and cast away
Lightning/E-Bolt/Manavamp
This is honestly the best way, and you can simultaneously 3x the alt character (mage, eval, med)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboy Zero

Neophyte
I just made a dexer myself. Started with GM mage and meditation. Once they were GMed I worked on resist. Once that was all GM, I dropped med, fixed my stats and bam... badass LJ dexer

Fenix

Journeyman
Dungeons do boost...but you just have to watch for pk types is all :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jager

Grandmaster
i did all mine in the sweres of Brit to be honest, dont unatend or anything but a quick afk should be fine, thats where the "good" pks hunt..

halygon

Grandmaster
I always prefer to do

0-62 - Mana drain
and
62-GM - Mana vampire.

That way you never run the risk of killing yourself or even losing any hp. Means no healing either.

Jager

Grandmaster
I always prefer to do

0-62 - Mana drain
and
62-GM - Mana vampire.

That way you never run the risk of killing yourself or even losing any hp. Means no healing either.
thats true, everytime ive done it ive needed to train healing to . takes no time either way though to get to manavamp i think

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
I always prefer to do

0-62 - Mana drain
and
62-GM - Mana vampire.

That is the way to do it if you're not training healing as well. Though, imo it is worth casting invis on yourself from 62 - 74ish. Even though you don't stand a chance of gaining in resist when casting invis on yourself... the magery gains are too slow at that level by casting mana vamp. It should be more efficient when considering both gold and invested time.

halygon

Grandmaster
That is the way to do it if you're not training healing as well. Though, imo it is worth casting invis on yourself from 62 - 74ish. Even though you don't stand a chance of gaining in resist when casting invis on yourself... the magery gains are too slow at that level by casting mana vamp. It should be more efficient when considering both gold and invested time.
Oh yea. But the question is about resist gains not magery. If doing magery also, you do:

50-63 mana drain
63-75 invis
75-GM resist - mana vamp

Magery will GM before resist.