GM Poisoning, what next?

wil3ur

Grandmaster
So I finally GM'd poisoning, looking for a good poison/fence/mage build. Any suggestions? I'm not quite sure which skills give boosts in here.

Puuraidur

Novice
So I finally GM'd poisoning, looking for a good poison/fence/mage build. Any suggestions? I'm not quite sure which skills give boosts in here.

Don't use poisoning on your pvp char, just carry poisoned weapons.

Medi dexx0rer 100 70 55 or 90 75 60

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Meditation

or alchy variation 100 80 45

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Alchemy

or mage 100 45 80 or 90 55 80

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Eval int
Magery
Resist
Meditation

Last edited by a moderator:

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I was reading that poison gives a bonus to poison spells with magery for damage. Is there not a big enough bonus to make this effective?

halygon

Grandmaster
Actually, there is a pretty good buff to magery for poisoning -- They did this to make a nox mage viable. In addition, there is also a good "to inflict" bonus by having poisoning on a melee character. It gives you a higher chance to inflict poison, which gets pretty crazy when you have GM poisoning.

I am not sure how you would intermix a mage and fencer in a way that would work, but there are your advantages. Read the publishes (I think starting at #2) to find out more details about the poisoning changes made for PvP.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
Did they ever implement the nerf to poisoned weapons?

I know they had talked about having poison on weapons removed after a couple of hits

The Grixxitt

Apprentice

WOW. Well I guess that's one way to kill a GM-poison dexxer template. I guess in retrospect you could see this coming with the way they implemented Lumberjacking.

Has there been any talk of having the user's poisoning skill fit into the calculation somewhere (for melee)?
Is there a blessed DP keg deed in the dono shop I overlooked or something?

Well at least nox-mage is viable now

halygon

Grandmaster
WOW. Well I guess that's one way to kill a GM-poison dexxer template. I guess in retrospect you could see this coming with the way they implemented Lumberjacking.
Well, they certainly didn't kill a GM poisoner dexxor template. It is still pretty damn OP. What they did was make it less OP.

Poisoning Changes
  • General
    • Deadly Poison cure chance with cure potions has been lowered to 80% (down from 100%).
  • Melee
    • Poison application for weapons has been decreased to 33% (down from 66%).
    • There is now a 50% chance a poison charge is consumed when a weapon strikes a foe but fails to apply poison.
  • Mage
    • Mages with GM poisoning will now be able to pierce magic resistance when in a 3 tile radius of their intended victim

Check it out, you can no longer insta cure DP every time. Yes poison application for weapons is down and poison charges are now consumed more, but it was so powerful that no one won a tourny without being an alchy nox dexxor and in the field it was nearly impossible to kill one 1v1.

So no.. they did not kill anything, they just made it so you didn't have to play one to win.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
I've been away for a while so I guess I missed the whole dexxers being OP thing. I know in the beginning of the shard there was a huge outcry for nerfs, but it was mostly directed at the fencing para hit.

In any case, this is something I will obviously need to play around with in-game as opposed to forum PvP so I can come up with any kind of conclusion, but what I'm seeing is a 66% fail chance and 2 DP pots per successful poisoning. That seems like a pretty heavy handed nerf IMO.

halygon

Grandmaster
I've been away for a while so I guess I missed the whole dexxers being OP thing. I know in the beginning of the shard there was a huge outcry for nerfs, but it was mostly directed at the fencing para hit.

In any case, this is something I will obviously need to play around with in-game as opposed to forum PvP so I can come up with any kind of conclusion, but what I'm seeing is a 66% fail chance and 2 DP pots per successful poisoning. That seems like a pretty heavy handed nerf IMO.
Not really, you really need to play around with it to see how it works. Keep in mind that having the poisoning skill increases the chance to inflict (i think it actually goes up to like 45-50% chance at GM poisoning).

Messremb

Grandmaster
Not really, you really need to play around with it to see how it works. Keep in mind that having the poisoning skill increases the chance to inflict (i think it actually goes up to like 45-50% chance at GM poisoning).
I think it's only 40% at GM up from 20% with 0. And it scales with skill so 50 poisoning gives you 30% chance. That is unless I missed a change to it.

That's why most Alchy/nox temps run with 70 poison and 80 alchy. With only 50 magery.

halygon

Grandmaster
I think it's only 40% at GM up from 20% with 0. And it scales with skill so 50 poisoning gives you 30% chance. That is unless I missed a change to it.

That's why most Alchy/nox temps run with 70 poison and 80 alchy. With only 50 magery.
Thanks for that info.

My point was just that it does get better if you have GM poisoning.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Actually, there is a pretty good buff to magery for poisoning -- They did this to make a nox mage viable. In addition, there is also a good "to inflict" bonus by having poisoning on a melee character. It gives you a higher chance to inflict poison, which gets pretty crazy when you have GM poisoning.

I am not sure how you would intermix a mage and fencer in a way that would work, but there are your advantages. Read the publishes (I think starting at #2) to find out more details about the poisoning changes made for PvP.

• Mage
    • Mages with GM poisoning will now be able to pierce magic resistance when in a 3 tile radius of their intended victim.

Does this apply to poison fields or just direct spell?

poogoblin

Master

Where can I find these numbers? Only thing I see is 33% to apply, 33% to do nothing, 33% chance to do nothing and lose a poison charge.