GM Hiding/Stealth Vs 0 Tracking

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
300k for the time spent playing a character that requires no regs, aids, armor, weapons, pots, spells, mounts or pets isn't too bad.

I agree, but I can make 300k in a few hours in khaldun, and I don't even have a tamer.

I think thieves are the most fun to play, but they usually make less per hour than a miner.

Messremb

Grandmaster
My business partner is very rich and very successful, plays only thief. Same as my previous buddy. It depends on how you play it.. It's not just about stealing.
its this ^^^^^

Real thieves don't rely on one skill to make them good. Stealth, hiding, snooping and stealing are just tools in their bag of tricks. if you fail at being a thief because of Tracking you're not a true thief, just someone with a thief character. Real thieves didn't even let tram stop them. check out the stuff @Jakaro and his friends did after Tram was put in.

Honestly all the complaining about tracking in this thread is pathetic. tracking does not negate nor defeat hiding\stealth, what is does do is give someone a chance to know where you are. with how OP stealth is here it is hardly balanced.

In old UO getting revealed was a huge deal. it meant waiting till your stealth timer was done so you could re-hide then waiting 10 seconds to stealth again. also you could only go 10 steps every what 13 seconds? thats time for like 3 reveal spells. also you couldn't hide right after stealing.

The issue as I see it is we have a bunch or bad thieves here, who think they are good cause of the OP thief skills on UOF, crying cause there is one thing they don't like. if you cant hack it as a thief here, you're not meant to be a thief.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Did you went through my hands? What you say sounds like it came from me.. State thy name, young thief, and I shall ponder..