Glad to see an active server

I haven't played UO in so long that I can't remember what to do or where to go :p
I want to make a crafter for tinkering, should I start with 50 tinker 50 carpentry? All str? In Minoc? :p
Where should I go from there?
Mine and sell the ingots? :)
Thanks for taking a look at my thread.

Sarphus

Journeyman
A lot of things are different here than they were on OSI anyway. The devs here have been maintaining a living game so it's like UOR but with some of the content that was added to UO later on. IMO, it's better than UO was during the UOR period.

If you remembered everything as it was on OSI, the spawn locations are the thing that has changed the most. Also, there are a number of new monster types here that didn't exist then. Some of the dungeons have additional levels that didn't exist in OSI either. There are new champ spawns and some of the old ones are not in the same location as they were on OSI. The t2a map is mostly not activated here.

Also, the animal lore window will tell you that some creatures have pack instinct, but pack instinct is not activated on this server. Disregard it.

Mining and selling ingots is very profitable here. I think most people who do that use vendors to sell the ingots. If you're planning to go hardcore in the mining/selling scene it is a good idea to get a vendor somewhere and stock it aggressively.

Acheron/Gnarlug

Apprentice
ingots is always a good money maker...tedious....but a solid market for ingots....if youre goingfor a straight miner not a miner/smith....try some tinkering so you can make your own picks....maybe hiding/stealth so you can get away from the pks that look for miners.....some magery to mark runes to your favorite spots and gate you pack animals in and out

Dreifub

Journeyman
All I have to say about this server is it is Awesome and the community here is the BEST! I joined on sunday....got hit with the server rerool but im back at it and with the help of a few people im almost back on track after 1 night :) ^_^