Giving away 50k gold....

Malrex

Neophyte
Thanks guys...I'll have to talk to the landlords when they get home. Not sure if they want me tampering with their router box or whatever.

In other news...my girlfriend brought over a jetpack and I can log in...so exploring that a bit, although it may be an extra 30-60$ but throwing that info out if anyone else is in my situation.

Thanks guys...I'll have to talk to the landlords when they get home. Not sure if they want me tampering with their router box or whatever.

In other news...my girlfriend brought over a jetpack and I can log in...so exploring that a bit, although it may be an extra 30-60$ but throwing that info out if anyone else is in my situation.

What is a jetpack? Is that a kind of mobile hotspot? If it is, then you won't be using your home's Internet connection. The problem may very well be your gateway router (the little box that the Internet connection comes into). If that's the case, then simply opening port **** will fix the issue.

Malrex

Neophyte
What is a jetpack? Is that a kind of mobile hotspot? If it is, then you won't be using your home's Internet connection. The problem may very well be your gateway router (the little box that the Internet connection comes into). If that's the case, then simply opening port **** will fix the issue.

Ya, it's a mobile hotspot. I think I've tried everything on my end--including opening port ****. So now I use the internet connection where I'm staying at for watching Netflix, emails, etc. and use my hot spot for just gaming. For most games, like Call of Duty, World of Warcraft etc. it looks like it takes about 24-50 mg an hour according to online research I did (for streaming movies, it's like 1-2 gigs!). 1000 or so mg in a GB so, it can last a little while.

But in case someone has to do the same thing as me, I got the 6GB plan and only strictly use it for gaming (only UO so far) (and my phone, which I hardly use). In the last 2 days, I have macroed probably 40 out of 48 hours and my data usage is .075 mgs....so my guess is that since UO is such a old game it hardly uses any data like the flashier, newer games. The data usage seems so low that I'm not sure I trust it completely yet...if it changes I'll let you know for those who may need an alternative internet to play.

I think I'm going to give Moccy the 50k gold for his help, but appreciate everyone's input! How should I meet you in game Moccy?

Ya, it's a mobile hotspot. I think I've tried everything on my end--including opening port ****. So now I use the internet connection where I'm staying at for watching Netflix, emails, etc. and use my hot spot for just gaming. For most games, like Call of Duty, World of Warcraft etc. it looks like it takes about 24-50 mg an hour according to online research I did (for streaming movies, it's like 1-2 gigs!). 1000 or so mg in a GB so, it can last a little while.

But in case someone has to do the same thing as me, I got the 6GB plan and only strictly use it for gaming (only UO so far) (and my phone, which I hardly use). In the last 2 days, I have macroed probably 40 out of 48 hours and my data usage is .075 mgs....so my guess is that since UO is such a old game it hardly uses any data like the flashier, newer games. The data usage seems so low that I'm not sure I trust it completely yet...if it changes I'll let you know for those who may need an alternative internet to play.

I think I'm going to give Moccy the 50k gold for his help, but appreciate everyone's input! How should I meet you in game Moccy?

Did you get my PM regarding the VPN codes given out by UOF staff? This may help.

Moccy

Neophyte
Hehe, keep your cash matey, I'd rather have another player on the server than 50k in the bank, I'm just happy to help :)