Give Archers Some looooveee

Witka

Journeyman
OK seerrious with all the LEET changes, 2hnd explo pot, stun alchy, one but dismount tamer blessed faction weapon BS

Can you let archers get some num nums.. how aboot infectious strike or explo pots throw :)
k tnx byeee

Jeitarium

Master
Agree. Poison arrows allow let exp pot throw. To make archer pvp viable.

Increase attack speed by 15% too. Even as a PvM, archer gets 30% of the event score a dexer gets. I understand archery has range and that it should be less than a dexer because of the defense bonus of being further away, but it's too far unbalanced right now.

There are 0 PvP archers. That's unbalanced pvp.

Loakes

Grandmaster
OK seerrious with all the LEET changes, 2hnd explo pot, stun alchy, one but dismount tamer blessed faction weapon BS

Can you let archers get some num nums.. how aboot infectious strike or explo pots throw :)
k tnx byeee

Hell to the NO! =)

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Ive always believed there needed to be a buff to this skill. This skill should be looked at by itself and adjusted.
Not guilty by association cause its popular with Bards.

-Firing when mounted/running
-increased speed
-Poison arrows

I also believe that archers should be modified. the additional archery should go back into tactics when using a magical bow. and exp pots should be usable with a bow equipped.

A Green Sofa

talisman that has HCI for only archery for pvm or pvp or both. I wiffed at least 20 times in a row with GM archery vs a rotten corpse. do they turn into neo when they have low life?

Mercedies

Grandmaster
A revamp would give me a whole new reason to work the archer I made for the sole purpose of reserving what might be, the best archer name ever:

Bows Before Hoes

Also, 500th post!
Wootness!

GimpCent

Grandmaster
No, if I need to come and explain why I can but I rather not waste my time.

In short archery is incredibly hard to balance pvp wise on Ultima Online due to stealth, groups, different dex levels, movement, firing speed and firing delays after running.

There is many knobs to turn and turning one effects all the others.

I agree I mean we all deep down love archery but its not best for the server to go down the impossible path of balancing archery respectfully

Last edited by a moderator:

Pandone

Grandmaster
archery tact anatomy resist magery eval + healing or medit
precast flamestrike by scroll and shot only vs 0 ar 0 wrestling bards, better if they're afk. you'll fullfill kegs of lesser cure and nightsight potions in few days.
i agree with @GimpCent but some months of unbalanced viable archery isn't better than 2 years of requests in terms of fun?
Even if they only adjust misses and dmgs vs high ar ppl will be happier. very very few players will play archer tank mage or use archery over/with alchy,stun,fencing,taming imho =)

U-Haul

Master
No, if I need to come and explain why I can but I rather not waste my time.

In short archery is incredibly hard to balance pvp wise on Ultima Online due to stealth, groups, different dex levels, movement, firing speed and firing delays after running.

There is many knobs to turn and turning one effects all the others.

I agree I mean we all deep down love archery but its not best for the server to go down the impossible path of balancing archery respectfully

please explain.

Witka

Journeyman
archery tact anatomy resist magery eval + healing or medit
precast flamestrike by scroll and shot only vs 0 ar 0 wrestling bards, better if they're afk. you'll fullfill kegs of lesser cure and nightsight potions in few days.
i agree with @GimpCent but some months of unbalanced viable archery isn't better than 2 years of requests in terms of fun?
Even if they only adjust misses and dmgs vs high ar ppl will be happier. very very few players will play archer tank mage or use archery over/with alchy,stun,fencing,taming imho =)

igiving up 40 Dex for a FS is alot especially with a bow... bow is 4sec fire