Giants Event Exploiters

Should people be able to cast evs and earthqauke on boats and homes?

• Yes

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • No, their points should be removed.

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

a magical man

Grandmaster
We got people on boats and in homes earth quaking and casting ev's afk, not afk. This is why I havent even participated at all.

steve-o

Grandmaster
i dont like magical man but this time he is right, with these points u will get BIG rewards... and you should not be allowed to eq/ev/house hide/...

ps: when titans/cyclops were at compassion desert it was ILLEGAL to use houses to kill the spawn!

Uofreakkk

Adept
We got people on boats and in homes earth quaking and casting ev's afk, not afk. This is why I havent even participated at all.

I don't see why not , it's not exploiting. Shane said we were allowed to use houses and boats as long as we aren't afk doing it. Not everyone has Meta Dexxers that can run around and two shot mobs or a Meta Mage with a slayer book who can one shot a mob with an ebolt.

Provo takes to long because by the time you provo stuff a meta dexxer or tamer comes in and kills all your stuff.

So for pure mages that is the only way to honestly keep up.

A Meta dexxer can kill 10 times the mobs before an Ev does and you can only earth quake twice and then your outta mana and it doesn't kill the mobs.

So no it's not an exploit, it's just a smart way to farm as a mage. I don't know how you can call basic mechanics of uo and methods people have been using for years an exploit.

You also have to look at it this way, a Meta dexxer has advantage over a dexxer because he put time into his character, A meta tamer has advantage over tamer cause he put time into his character & same goes with mage and Meta mage. If someone took the time to buy a boat or is lucky enough to have a house then so be it...

Nothing is keeping you from using the empty plots or buying a boat yourself so why should everyone else be punished because you refuse to do it?

Do does that mean boats and using houses are allowed? I seen the message that macroing afk in a house will get you banned but what about using a plot or boat so u dont get swarmed by them, is that allowed?
This is correct, the only rule with this event is if you are AFK gaining event points you will be banned.
I will add this to FAQ

Can i use my house for this event?
Yes, you may use your house at your own willing. HOWEVER if you in any way shape or form are using your house to AFK grind up event points during this event you will instantly banned, and fire walled. There will be a ZERO tolerance with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Young Star

Grandmaster
Part of what makes UO unique is that you can build a house to be a stronghold for fighting monsters. If you are caught doing it AFK staff should drop the hammer on them like the DNR does for hunting and fishing. Confiscate the house or boat and take all their event points.

drinn

Grandmaster
Personally I feel like its just another great example of how some players think outside of the box while playing.

This made me laugh yesterday. Something you did not expect to see.

ship_giants.jpg

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Personally I feel like its just another great example of how some players think outside of the box while playing.

This made me laugh yesterday. Something you did not expect to see.

or something I totally expected to see. either way, let's learn from this for future events.

Remember that for some players, eventscore leaderboard is incentive to play, not the eventscore rewards.

Bubbles

Master
i dont like magical man but this time he is right, with these points u will get BIG rewards... and you should not be allowed to eq/ev/house hide/...

ps: when titans/cyclops were at compassion desert it was ILLEGAL to use houses to kill the spawn!
Originally they would have been killed with all the rolling rocks, but everyone complained so this is what we get

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Shane specifically said you can use boats and houses for this as long as you aren't afk, seems pretty clear to me

oh no someone has an advantage, better run to the forums and cry!

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

it was illegal to trap the spawn in your house, not to kill them from your house.

Can't you just triple client some boats steve???

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it was illegal to trap the spawn in your house, not to kill them from your house.

Can't you just triple client some boats steve???

Nah, it was illegal to use a house in any way to gain an advantage to kill the mobs...

But like I say, some players are going to be turned off of eventscore after this event.

Take @Arch Enemy for example. Eventscore leaderboard is like the only reason he plays. I haven't been on in a few days, so I don't know the numbers. But from the screenshot it looks like he's going to have some serious flags to capture and even if he maintains the #1 spot how is he going to make any money selling eventscore rewards if it's saturated??

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
You can do this from homes/boats as long as your not AFK, don't worry this is the last day they will be able to even do it. Once mobs get harder you won't be able to.

Young Star

Grandmaster
One thing I would like to see clarified Shane now that we have your attention is if the invasion score will be the points used for purchasing rewards or will they be converted to "Event Points" which typically cover the whole account. If they are converted will they be 1:1 or are you deciding on a conversion rate based on the score at the end of the event?

Status
Not open for further replies.