getting ready to give up

The Marshal

Neophyte
I have been trying to install UO and run this on Razor, but it keeps telling me i have a cliloc error and that it cant find a suitable client. I have the address typed in, as well as the port. The UOF launcher is broken and just crashes when i click on install Ultima Online. I already redownloaded it. I am at my wits end. I shouldnt have to spend hours trying to install a game. I'm about to go to Rel Por.

Firecrest

Grandmaster
Try right click run as administrator, Also I attempted Rel Por and I logged in as a wisp in the middle of an ocean so did a fellow guild mate....
I use UOF launcher and have no problems, are you using windows 10?

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Could always try logging in directly through Razor. The login info is on the main website. I know one person specifically has had problems logging in using the launcher in the past.

Have you tried this?

http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...ror-if-uo-is-not-in-original-directory.83805/

Otherwise: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=razor+cliloc+error

Also you should be able to download any old client and then patch further if you need to using the UOpatch.exe file. Don't patch all the way though. My client is version 7.0.37.0 and I can see pretty much everything in game properly with the exception of a custom land mass they added. I'd try downloading a client and then patching with the UOF launcher first, and if that still doesn't work maybe then resort to patching in a non UOF-specific way, like using UOPatch.exe.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Marshal

Neophyte
It is I, the one and only. Of UO Retribution/Metropolis fame.
I'm running windows 8.1
I've tried damn near everything and I cant get razor to recognize any UO clients. It wont let me download UO from the launcher, it just crashes as soon as I click on Install UO

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
It is I, the one and only. Of UO Retribution/Metropolis fame.
I'm running windows 8.1
I've tried damn near everything and I cant get razor to recognize any UO clients. It wont let me download UO from the launcher, it just crashes as soon as I click on Install UO

is your UO folder installed to the default directory or did you install it somewhere else? In the first link I posted, it looks like the problem may arise because of installation to a folder other than the default path.

Could also try downloading Windows 10. I think they are offering it for free through Windows Update as a recommended update.

If you're flexible you may also consider connecting to UOF through Steam or Sallos.

The Marshal

Neophyte
I managed to resolve the issue. The installer for the launcher is indeed still broken. When I tried to use it, it made some conflicting folder that was causing issues with the OSI download i tried to implement after. After wiping everything twice, I used the OSI install first and it worked. My client is still inaccurate, but it's playable.