***Gardening Question***

Khail

Journeyman
A quick question for this server. When it comes to plants is fertile dirt the only source of dirt? I remember on OSI being able to dig dirt patches for regular dirt but did not give the added +1 day benefit of fertile dirt - Just have not been able to find dirt patches that can be dug with shovel.

halygon

Grandmaster
No, fertile dirt is not the only source of dirt. In fact, you can use any dirt tiles to fill up your pot with dirt. I usually have dirt tiles in my house for easy access.

Fertile dirt can be used in stead of regular dirt, and it will give a chance for your plant to have double growth in a day.

Messremb

Grandmaster
A quick question for this server. When it comes to plants is fertile dirt the only source of dirt? I remember on OSI being able to dig dirt patches for regular dirt but did not give the added +1 day benefit of fertile dirt - Just have not been able to find dirt patches that can be dug with shovel.
the issue is you don't use a shovel, click your plant bowl then target the dirt. ;)

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Regular dirt can be obtained from typical dirt patches you see on the ground (I like the one south of the Ocllo bank).

Fertile dirt can be used but, unless you can find it cheap, I consider it a waste of time. It procs very rarely in my experience (maybe 20-30% of the time). This is also kind of problematic if you schedule your gardening into harvests that begin and end at the same time. It makes cross-breeding difficult or impossible if you were planning to pollinate x and y but y grew a few stages faster than x.

If you garden all the time, though, and are planting new stuff every day, you may as well help some newbies out and buy up all their fertile dirt!