Game Crashing when i start to use my razor window

I just found UO Forever and was excited to start playing, after someone started explaining the razor window to me i attempted to use it. Almost every time i try to use it, it causes a game crash in the game it seems like. I am unsure if the game is crashing itself or if my use of the razor is just timed coincidentally. Any help in getting to stop the crashes would be great :)

Staff

Young Player Help
i need some more information. Are you receiving any errors? Do you want me to remote in and fix the problem for you?

If you wish to have help diagnosing this, please pm me on here or IRC.

tx99

Im experiencing the same problem. This seems a bit old topic but anyone has any info about why client.exe freezes (and possibly crashes) when using razor menu's

Malkraven

Grandmaster
its probably to do with disabling visual themes or running in a windows compatibilty mode. right click the razor icon set it to run in windows xp compatability and tick disable visual themes.(may need to do the same with the UOclient too.)

GL

Last edited by a moderator:

tx99

That worked for me, thanks a lot.

For anyone having a similar issue; disabling visual themes and running both client.exe and razor.exe in windows XP (service pack 2) compatibility mode, worked for me

Cheers

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Would anyone mind explaining how to do all that?

- Right click the razor.exe icon select properties and goto Compatibility tab
- Tick the box for " Run this program in compatability mode for" and put windows xp service pack 2 in the drop down
- Tick disable visual themes and disable decktop Composition
- Tick Run this program as Admin
- Apply and ok

you may need to repeat the same process for Client.exe

23usnsl.png

Leviathan

Master
Confirming that switching to compatibility mode on razor and the uoclient after upgrading to Windows 10 fixed my crash issues! Thanks all!