Galleon Crafting needs a rework

kyleakira

Master
I think the new changes on naval warfare are great, but I found that galleon crafting is way expensive in terms of cost.

Pre-patch, you seldomly could see a galleon on the sea, maybe because they were not cheap (250K).

Right now, building a galleon seems to be very expensive (and I won't imagine if you have to purchase it from another player). What I mean is that we will probably not see galleons on the sea. So the naval warfare patch may become into a small boat warfare.

I think it would need a rework, it is ok to make the recipes as rare items, but the amount of resources needed to build the ship should be stimated at 250-300K as max.

Atm to build a gargoyle galleon you need 50K logs (115K gold) + 1000 frost wood (250k gold) + 10 rare ingots (dunno price) + 1 rare anchor (?) + 200 cloth (expensive if you wan't to use BOD cloth).

After that, the chance to craft it succefully is not 100%.

Make ships a bit cheaper, let other skills participate in (of course) but please, think that keeping that manufacturing cost will abstain players to use galleons.

oomf

Grandmaster
Give it time, there will be plenty of boats out there. People have already invested a lot of time and money into the current setup, to nerf it now would be unfair to them.

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
I think the new changes on naval warfare are great, but I found that galleon crafting is way expensive in terms of cost.

Pre-patch, you seldomly could see a galleon on the sea, maybe because they were not cheap (250K).

Right now, building a galleon seems to be very expensive (and I won't imagine if you have to purchase it from another player). What I mean is that we will probably not see galleons on the sea. So the naval warfare patch may become into a small boat warfare.

I think it would need a rework, it is ok to make the recipes as rare items, but the amount of resources needed to build the ship should be stimated at 250-300K as max.

Atm to build a gargoyle galleon you need 50K logs (115K gold) + 1000 frost wood (250k gold) + 10 rare ingots (dunno price) + 1 rare anchor (?) + 200 cloth (expensive if you wan't to use BOD cloth).

Make ships a bit cheaper, let other skills participate in (of course) but please, think that keeping that manufacturing cost will abstain players to use galleons.

with 120 it is 100% and it should stay this hige.. that meens that lj get more money for the hardwork same as miners! its good like it is

halygon

Grandmaster

Keep a few things in mind. First, ships can no longer be lost, which means that all your hard work in gathering resources, recipes, etc and building a ship is not in vain. Second, ships now gain experience and come with cannons (Galleons have TONS of cannons) - which means that they become even more valuable after using them.

Now that said, Galleons are not meant to be cheap, nor something that everyone can gather and build easily. These are tanks on the sea and outgun, out HP, out everything smaller vessels (except for maybe speed). They are the bad boys of the sea and owning one gives a huge advantage over the smaller (classic) ships around.

These are definitely something to save up and take time to acquire - and they are well worth the effort/cost. The idea is to not hit endgame tomorrow, but to let there be some goals that you work for (and benefit from).

Fattson

Grandmaster
I think galleons were intended to be a team effort. Except for the rare items, my team has had no problem getting the resources together.

kyleakira

Master
Know what would be neat? Small chance (1 or 2 %) of fining a barnacle ingot in a mib chest!
True, nobody atm seems doing Mibs. the time expent vs the reward is not higher than farming in a dungeon. putting rares on it would be fine.

Btw, could you manufacture a ship?

Fattson

Grandmaster
True, nobody atm seems doing Mibs. the time expent vs the reward is not higher than farming in a dungeon. putting rares on it would be fine.

Btw, could you manufacture a ship?
I do not have any recipes if that's what you're asking.

there's a ton of people doing mibs. Problem is only a few people are really selling so we're all having to fish up our own. This requires multiple fisherman and time.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I'd say keep it as is. Maybe up the drop rate on barnacle ingots. I'm getting close though and I haven't spent much time at sea. Done maybe 20 whirlpools, got one ancient anchor 3 recipes, 2 ingots, and a few rares. Not a bad rate overall imo.

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
I'd say keep it as is. Maybe up the drop rate on barnacle ingots. I'm getting close though and I haven't spent much time at sea. Done maybe 20 whirlpools, got one ancient anchor 3 recipes, 2 ingots, and a few rares. Not a bad rate overall imo.

dont do anything about the drop rate i have did get dobbel what you got mabey more rares ect in 20 pools

kyleakira

Master
What could be the sale price of Barnacle ingots / ancient anchor atm?

Malkraven, how many whirpools did you make to achieve all the rares to build the galleon?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
pools probably not best way for Ingots. i think between 3 of uf we had 4 ingots from Deeps at pools and 6 from Deeps from Nets.

ive had 2 anchors (1 lost to a revert)

we done 20-30 pools between me and scooteruo and Lost was doin his own thing for a while