Gaining lockpicking past 95.0?

Lobstercraws

Apprentice
Hello,

I currently have 95.0 lockpicking and I was just wondering, can you gain from 95.0 locking to 100.0 inside a house or would I have to go to dungeons to lockpick chests?

Thanks,
Craws

Chop

Journeyman
You need to pick chest's that spawn in dungeons for gains at 95+

Not sure about lvl 5 and 6 treasure map chest as I haven't tried gaining off those but it might work as well.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Yeah dungeon chests are your best bet. If you have stealth I recommend Khaldun! I was GM in about 2 weeks in there and made about a mil in the process

You can also gain from paragon and tmap chests

Lobstercraws

Apprentice
No stealth unfortunately :(. I'll have to look for some safe-ish dungeons to lockpick in haha.

Do lockpicking SS's give a guaranteed 1.0 skill gain or is it .1 to 1.0?

Lobstercraws

Apprentice
I will buy those from you VFingerDiscount :) where shall we meet?

And NoXXed I would buy yours for 30K, the same price VFingerDiscount is selling his for, if you're interested ^__^.

crazy-horse

Master
Last lockpick skill gain my picker got was lasy week, up to 98.7. It was off a demon paragon chest. Still have a couple of efreet chests he cant pick. So, ask your friends if they've been hording opened paragon chests. You both might get lucky.

Lobstercraws

Apprentice
Does anyone happen to have a runebook of the dungeon chest spawn locations? I used SS's to get from 95 to 99.7 (Guessing my real skill was 94.7? I forgot to check before using the SS). Just need to get .3 more and I don't have high enough magery on him to not get killed trying to find the chests haha.

Lobstercraws

Apprentice
Still looking for a rune library for those last 3 points. Does anyone know of one off hand? I can't seem to find one with a lockpicking book.

Also, whereabouts is Khaldun? It seems like the place to go once my magery is up haha

Lobstercraws

Apprentice
Haha I'll try Khaldun, but my character is pretty much defenseless. It might have to wait until I can at least hide myself lol.

amonseti

Grandmaster
gm hiding in the time it takes to watch Gotham have supper, then a shower and a quick wank .. and vola your gm hiding.