FROZEN, LAG SPIKE - WORLD KEEPS MOVING?

Deathrow

Apprentice
G'day!

I have made a few posts about this in "Client Issues" etc but haven't really got a proper response..

It seems there is a certain server side lag issue myself and a lot of other players are having, rendering the game unplayable!! For example, everything is fast and smooth with no lag as I am chasing someone through a dungeon or hunting / fighting mobs and then BAM - FREEZE - MID STRIDE for 10+ seconds while the world keeps moving around me. Players continues to run off screen, mobs walk around and stroll over and attack - usually killing me.

This is the bane of my existence - especially being murderous red bastard. :evil:

Anyways, can anyone else relate to this? Or would a GM be able to shed some light on it? It happens without fail, ever day / night. I've noticed it happening a lot at night after 9pm and sometimes even during the middle of the day. The server seems to run twice as fast first thing in the morning with absolutely zero lag.

I live in British Columbia - Canada.

GO :arrow:

Metalhead-

Master
That's a very interesting problem. What client are you running? Sounds like it's definitely on your end. You aren't trying to run 3D by chance are you?

raezion420

Apprentice
Deathrow said:
G'day!

I have made a few posts about this in "Client Issues" etc but haven't really got a proper response..

It seems there is a certain server side lag issue myself and a lot of other players are having, rendering the game unplayable!! For example, everything is fast and smooth with no lag as I am chasing someone through a dungeon or hunting / fighting mobs and then BAM - FREEZE - MID STRIDE for 10+ seconds while the world keeps moving around me. Players continues to run off screen, mobs walk around and stroll over and attack - usually killing me.

This is the bane of my existence - especially being murderous red bastard. :evil:

Anyways, can anyone else relate to this? Or would a GM be able to shed some light on it? It happens without fail, ever day / night. I've noticed it happening a lot at night after 9pm and sometimes even during the middle of the day. The server seems to run twice as fast first thing in the morning with absolutely zero lag.

I live in British Columbia - Canada.

GO :arrow:
It is actually pretty strange and funny you posted this, I have been having the exact same problem for 6 months on and off, but with all the games I play. Would run fine but when Friday night rolled around, until Monday morning I would get these stupid lag spikes where I would freeze but could still see everything going on, and every once in a while it would disconnect me after 10-20 seconds. I pinpointed it to my upload speed drastically dropping randomly and sometimes just going to 0 completely (my connection is supposed to be 50mbps down 7mbps up).

After months of having the problem, literally 18 ISP tech support people coming over, 3 local tech supervisors, and hundreds of calls to the company. Had them check everything, all my cables, changed modem, wall jack, everything. They finally decided it was hub that I was connected to in my area, that needs replaced, because when everyone gets online at once, it can't handle it and does what I was experiencing. On top of that they told me it was supposed to have been replaced 6 months ago but they keep putting it off, and have no idea when it will be fixed, and that I am shit out of luck in the mean time.

Still waiting on to hear if they are going to give me one hell of a credit or not, either way I am probably going to switch to shitty AT&T U-verse until Google is installed here after a while.

Sounds like you might want to yell at your ISP if it is the same thing I am going through. If it is, use my explanation here to them, to maybe save you a lot of time of them dicking you around.

P.S. South Park had a very accurate episode about cable companies recently, check it out.

Belge

Grandmaster
Im from Vancouver (played all summer there), didn't have any lag problems (was with rogers), I'm in europe now, again no lag issues :(
I know theres a few active players from BC playing... what platform are you running it (which version of windows?)

Kiki

Grandmaster
I'm in Victoria and know another here as well, and Nihilism is a Surrey boy (he'll try to claim White Rock or Whalley, but don't listen to him) and I haven't heard of any of us having that issue.

Have you changed the channel your wireless is on? That solved everything for me when I was having issues on another game. Shaw wireless router.

Either way I hope it fixes for ya mate.

Lexington

Grandmaster
What operating system are you using? I had a similar issue when I first installed windows 8.

WOW a lot of players from BC

Jager

Grandmaster
i got a shitty old work PC with windows 7, but it does the job fine.. yea ive met a few B.C.ers here myself..

Jager

Grandmaster
sorry, not a work computer like its at my work, i jsut got it for my old job and took it home after i left. i can get you actuall specs later when im home if you want, but its the only one on the network and it runs fine

submarine

Neophyte
I also have this problem. I'm sure I downloaded the client and everything from uoforever, though it is also true that many times when I try to download the page simply won't load.

I am connected through Ethernet to my DSL. I don't lose internet connection, but like the op posted, ill lag and freeze while I see others move around. Most of the time I eventually get te connection lost window and have to relog.

I run windows 7 and am using razor. Many times I also get a server message saying that the server won't sync or agree with the modifications on my client, suggesting that I'm using unapproved software, and that I will be logged out shortly (though it sometimes doesn't log me out). I don't understand why. I only use razor and uoam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nooks

Journeyman
playing from eu, fiber wiered connection and got same issue.. win7 x64 using uosteam..
first i thought it was my game hdd that was borked but reinstalled on ssd didnt fix it

its really annoying and happens a lot when u recall to places.. or when critical shit happens like reds showing up
but usually never when u run through high crowded areas like brit bank during events or similar.