Found a problem with Log Cabins (please fix!)

Moosebish

Apprentice
I found a sweet spot today, while exploring, for a log cabin! I wanted to start moving things in and didn't want to worry about the key, so I set my house to public and put a trash barrel in front of the door. Problem solved. But as you might be able to have guessed, the next time I arrive at my house with arms full of stuff. I stand at the end of the steps and place another trash barrel to allow me entrance. Now here comes the problem: I can no longer stand anywhere on my property to place another trash barrel, so I can't even so much as open the door! But no problem, I'll just smash it with an axe and learn my lesson! But no, I can't destroy it without being inside.

Because I just built the house, I will just destroy it and place a new one. But now I'm going to have nightmares every full moon, of decorating my entire house and then locking myself out with a trash barrel, on accident.

I propose that owners and co-owners can either smash trash barrels with axes from outside the house, or using a context menu on the trash barrel to delete it after X seconds (if you're worried about any pvp implications.).

Cack

Grandmaster
Use a chest next time ya jerk. Everyone knows trash barrels are notoriously evil. It would kill you if it could.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Say "I wish to secure this" target the door. Problem solved... why block yourself out of your own house anyways... people are complicated geez.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Just Axe the Trash Barrell....

He said it couldn't be axed because that only works if you are inside the house. But the trash barrel prevented him from taking even one step inside.

And yes, Blaine is right. The days of keys are long gone, even for non-customs. You can secure the doors in any house now. I set mine to co-owners and co-own every one of my characters. Then all of my characters are always allowed access, and nobody else is.