Forbid UOSteam

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Hahaha loving it Haly.

Uzz UZz, looking forward to your video of UO steam throwing expo pots with random timers. #TitsOrGTFO

you havent really understood what macros do, and how you cant restrict macros but only program implemented stuff the program does by itself just as auto disarming and chug pots.
afaik uof forbids the options to auto disarm when chugging pots. well, you can just write a script for it and it WILL work.
just as you can script an auto cure when poisened which will work 1:1 as easyuo chug scripts, which you could never do with razor without having an own shitty macro for it, which you are forced to run and even then, it will NOT be as fast as a script can be

halygon

Grandmaster
you dont have to support me with macros or anything. make a video of the macro in razor working for random explo pot timers, and tell me where i can find the autochug option on razor which automatically chugs cures when poisned and heal pots like scripts do

ill make a video showing scripts which can easily do that. scripts which lines are being able to be implemented in steamuo 1:1
Why would I make a video to show you something that everyone already knows?

To give ya a tip, there is not an option to auto chug anything in razor, just like on this shard, the option isn't in uosteam either. In both apps, you must create macros that loop to accomplish it -- but it can be accomplished.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Why would I make a video to show you something that everyone already knows?

To give ya a tip, there is not an option to auto chug anything in razor, just like on this shard, the option isn't in uosteam either. In both apps, you must create macros that loop to accomplish it -- but it can be accomplished.

are you serious ? everyfucking idiot knows i can write a macro for it, however it will NEVER be as effective as a script, apart from the fact that you'd constantly have to loop it^^ also you have to atleast press a hotkey for the macro every time you interrupt it etc and cant use any other macros in the meantime for it working.
A script, you press run once, and it will run 100% of the time, 10x faster a razor script will. thats why its unfair.

Just as you can write your own razor macro for disarming wep and chugging a pot, however its not half as fast a script is, AND more importantly it requires you to press a hotkey for EVERY pot you want to chug. A script will do everything for you with zero interference. It just takes the skill away from pvp

Kraden

Grandmaster
Cant u just make a macro that s
i love how you have no clue about pvp. anybody in pvp who has ANY clue atleast, will tell you that auto cure/heal from razor is the worst thing you can ever use, and writing an own macro for it is even worse.
razor cannot detect the poison ticks, thus any experienced player will drop you with his first combo as you wont get out of poison lock. seriously LOL. you dont really get my points ^.^

have fun writing a cure macro for any 5x duel, you will be dumped first drop by anyone who knows poison ticks. lets not talk about field pvp, where autocasting cure everytime would be even more detrimental
im pretty sure they mean cure with gcure pot and u mean cure by casting cure. Which is dumb lol

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Cant u just make a macro that s

im pretty sure they mean cure with gcure pot and u mean cure by casting cure. Which is dumb lol

i adressed that option in razor specially because he linked me to a site where they basically rewrite this option in macros^^

however i really mean that scripts are an extremely unfair advantage those users have since it completely automates their game without even having to press a key. everyone agrees that pvp nowadays would be unimageinable if you had to CLICK your pots etc. but scripts vs macros are just a different league too and take skill away from pvp

halygon

Grandmaster
are you serious ? everyfucking idiot knows i can write a macro for it, however it will NEVER be as effective as a script, apart from the fact that you'd constantly have to loop it^^ also you have to atleast press a hotkey for the macro every time you interrupt it etc and cant use any other macros in the meantime for it working.
By George, I think he's getting it. So you are saying that ALL of my hotkeys need to be macros that once complete, start up my looping auto heal macro again?? Oh you are slick. NO ONE else has thought of abusing Razor that way, I'm sure of it as only UOSteam users use cheap macros.

A script, you press run once, and it will run 100% of the time, 10x faster a razor script will. thats why its unfair.

A script will do everything for you with zero interference. It just takes the skill away from pvp

Actually, Razor macros run at a surprisingly fast speed. Don't judge it's speed on watching the program highlight each step of a macro. I assure you that any macro in Razor will be processed as fast as in UOSteam.

But it sounds like you are WANTING to make a catch all script? I hear easyuo works real well with Razor.. ...but won't run at all with UOSteam. Maybe UOSteam isn't for you?

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
By George, I think he's getting it. So you are saying that ALL of my hotkeys need to be macros that once complete, start up my looping auto heal macro again?? Oh you are slick. NO ONE else has thought of abusing Razor that way, I'm sure of it as only UOSteam users use cheap macros.

Actually, Razor macros run at a surprisingly fast speed. Don't judge it's speed on watching the program highlight each step of a macro. I assure you that any macro in Razor will be processed as fast as in UOSteam.

But it sounds like you are WANTING to make a catch all script? I hear easyuo works real well with Razor.. ...but won't run at all with UOSteam. Maybe UOSteam isn't for you?

its not abusing razor writing macros you tool.
And yes Razor IS slower apart from the fact that the macro will need to loop constantly. so as soon as you use another macro its over. Another major disadvantage is that razor WILL remove your crossfade if youve casted a spell up etc. so please stop telling me razor macros are equal. if you have constant cure, while not even having to press a key + being able to do whatever your doign at the moment is unbeatable.

scripts are just 10x better, how can you still try to say they arent.

halygon

Grandmaster
its not abusing razor writing macros you tool.
And yes Razor IS slower apart from the fact that the macro will need to loop constantly. so as soon as you use another macro its over. Another major disadvantage is that razor WILL remove your crossfade if youve casted a spell up etc. so please stop telling me razor macros are equal. if you have constant cure, while not even having to press a key + being able to do whatever your doign at the moment is unbeatable.

scripts are just 10x better, how can you still try to say they arent.
Are you even following this conversation? I have already answered everything. I'd call you a troll but you did start the thread so...

I actually heard the first time about SteamUO 5 minutes ago and decided to check it out.
Well, its basically a Razor copy with the ability of implementing EasyUO Scripts and options.
Theres no problem using it for Macroing, training Skills whatever, however it completely destroys PvP.

A few examples: Auto chugging cure pot, heal pot. Auto removing weapons for chugging pots. but the worst of all, since ive seen alot of alchy mages on this shard is that you can macro your explo pots.
The only fucking reason there exists 4-3-2-1 and 3-2-1 is that you shouldnt be able to macro it so it actually takes skill to play an alchy mage. SteamUO completely destroys the purpose of the explo pot timer on the shard and alot of other forbidden pvp related stuff.

Theres not a single macro you need for training your skills, automating some processes, but the ability to create script like macros is just completely stupid. The only reason somebody would use SteamUO over Razor is because he wants to use the perks of those macros which bypass the effect of the server script rules for explo pots for exmaple.
i agree if u can do all that... but you can make a razor macro for explode pots too, jus gotta kno razor real good (still better to use manually for mage pvp)

Actually razor can read system messages just like uosteam. Maybe you should research before making exclamations like this?

Again, razor can do this also. There are noobs running around with auto heal macros -- and have been for a looooong time. Again, please research before posting about things you don't understand.

Again, lack of research?
but if you have a razor macro running for your auto cure or whatever it would fuck up your other hotkeys/macros etc and it would stop if u were to use any skills or cast spells etc (least for me it would) and it would lag me too... not sure how uosteam works but i think hes sayin it works different from that (havent read much of this thread)

Umabel

Novice
Yeah, UOSteam is better than Razor. Not for the shitty reasons you made up in 5 min of discovering UOSteam.

How about you just count your blessings and just use UOSteam instead of making up shit on why it's unfair and "takes skill away from pvp".

Who knows, you might find a better argument why it should be banned, then MAYBE staff will consider.

Normus

Neophyte
Most people worth their salt do NOT script much for PVP. It's no where near as effective as simply knowing what you are doing. Not to mention, it can get you killed. Scripts simply don't make very good judgement calls.

There does seem to be a thing with the pots though.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Most people worth their salt do NOT script much for PVP. It's no where near as effective as simply knowing what you are doing. Not to mention, it can get you killed. Scripts simply don't make very good judgement calls.

There does seem to be a thing with the pots though.

if you dont see how explo pot scripts or autoamtic cure pot scripts or disarm wep + chug pot scripts while literally having to do NOTHING but jsut focusing at the battle put you at an extreme advantage i cant help you

if easyuo is forbidden, why allow steamuo scripts?

halygon

Grandmaster
but if you have a razor macro running for your auto cure or whatever it would fuck up your other hotkeys/macros etc and it would stop if u were to use any skills or cast spells etc (least for me it would) and it would lag me too... not sure how uosteam works but i think hes sayin it works different from that (havent read much of this thread)
It works the same but he is confused about the features enabled on this shard.

There's a reason most of us don't use auto macros. We "could" all use them but then you are relying on a macro to do your cures and heal which just doesn't give enough flexibility in real situations. It's the same reason why an auto pot throwing macro doesn't work well. Sure you can make one in either razor or uosteam but do you really want to rely on that? What happens if the guy offscreens ya? Boom. What happens if ya need to throw a quick heal up... It could possibly heal your opponent AND have the cooked pot go boom on ya. Manually throwing wins every time.

Back to your question. IF you did have a hypothetical auto heal/cure macro running in either razor or uosteam, any hotkeys you had would need to restart the macro after they do whatever the hotkey does. Also if you wanted to let's say ignore your health and drop that finishing flamestrike, your macro could screw that up by trying to heal ya and block you from casting fs.

But overall I think you guys are thinking too hard about this. Sure these things are possible with razor OR uosteam but are they really an advantage? Not at all.

I have yet to find a macro in razor or uosteam that gives an actual advantage in pvp. Oh no the guy hits a button and his weapon automatically disarms before he drinks a pot... Who cares? ( on a side note, this operation is actually faster in razor than uosteam cause razor disarms faster than uosteam)

Those of us that actually pvp know that there are far bigger issues on this server than UOSteam. I actually think since they re-enabled it with modifications, it's work great.

Normus

Neophyte
if you dont see how explo pot scripts or autoamtic cure pot scripts or disarm wep + chug pot scripts while literally having to do NOTHING but jsut focusing at the battle put you at an extreme advantage i cant help you

if easyuo is forbidden, why allow steamuo scripts?
Both can disarm, and chug, then re-arm.

As to auto explodes, meh, don't trust it.

Nor do I trust any automated action to save my life. Anyone playing with an auto pot chugger sucks, and probably needs it.

I'm far more concerned about marathons.