Following the success of the Hailstone Castle event - just a few suggestions

Torus Moore

Expert
The Hailstone castle raising ( http://www.uoforum.com/threads/ques...s-of-hailstone-castle-rpers-only-event.90302/ ) was one of the most intricate player run events I've ever been in involved in. From the inception, which came about from a quick conversation with myself and @Sir. to its fruition involving 30+ players it was a wild ride. (Our guilds part: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/ggmc-mission-accomplished-hailstone-event-account.90666/ more stories will surely be posted including some great videos ive already seen. ) It showed that not only is RP and RPvP growing on this shard but flourishing. That is in no small thanks to the staff who have helped in numerous ways beyond building the castle plot in the sky, but also providing the valley mechanics (no cut/no mount) which has helped start the RP conflicts which gave rise to the current state of affairs. And so with the goal of continuing this trend of building a community and extremely entertaining and fun environment for the play style so many on this shard love (including the future many who will give it a shot and get hooked) I have come up with two suggestions I feel would benefit everyone.

1:
Extension of no cut/no mount - The areas around the orc fort and the valley have become a hot bed of events and random skirmishes. Whether its an Orc Fort Defense

(
View: https://youtu.be/w1h2uSepi2Y

, http://www.uoforum.com/threads/the-battle-of-fallen-siege-orc-shard-fort-battle.89727/ ) , The Hailstone castle event, random knights chicken fighting events (or what it all animals?) or even just daily fights ( http://www.uoforum.com/threads/the-war-for-old-ratman-valley-knights-vs-orcs.88201/ ) the area has drawn new life into the RP and RPvP community. Unfortunately as the community grows the area has become tighter and tighter. When you are fielding 10-15 people a small area like the valley feels like a sand box. What I suggest is extending the no cut / no mount area to just south of the brigand NPC camp to the south and up to the Yew road to the north. East and West boundaries seem alright to everyone involved but those north and south sides get us cramped in. This will also help with the new fancy castle the knights have as the area around the stairs would now be no cut/no mount.

2:
More orc mask-esque items - This is a rather simple mechanic that goes a long way when it comes to RPers.

Skull helms that provide no armor but make undead ignore the wearer would be incredibly helpful for the fledgling undead RPers. The orcs can run around the cave and fort without risk of the NPC orcs attacking, the undead should be able to do the same with graveyards and random haunted areas (lich area near the orc fort comes to mind) maybe it isnt a skull helm design, maybe its something else you wear, but i think it would be a great addition. Im sure if it was made a dono item or gold sink Undead RPers would gladly purchase them.

In the same vein as undead helms and orc masks, having an item that makes you invisible to the red npc brigands would open up a whole new RP area (the brigand camp) and a new guild would surely pop up almost immediately. Who wouldnt want to RP as an evil brigand (PKs im looking at you!) who travel the lands demanding gold or heads. Maybe it can be a bandanna of some sort as they seem to drop on every brigand there.

The staff has been great with helping out our community and if you guys go ahead with these suggestions it would be icing on an already delicious cake. Thanks for reading and considering my ideas.

Sir Reginald

Neophyte
Some VERY interesting suggestions.. I would like to add a few brief bullet points if i may..

- The orc mask and any other item that shields the wearer from NPC aggro could be further enhanced by making it so that the NPC guardsmen (not in towns, i.e in the roadside checkpoints etc.) would then become aggrieved by such things.. so now they treat you as an orc. this would give the human races some much needed NPC allies and level the field with the orcs.

- I think it would be very advantageous having such items, but if they were dropped as regularly as the orc masks, the deceit dungeon for instance would be full of PK's wearing them. so i do like the idea that they are a highly cherished dono coin item.

- 3 new dono coin items, all blessed. orc mask, undead mask, brigand bandana with each one letting you mingle freely with the specific race its associated to, but aggravating the other races/castes.

Just my 2 cents.
but love the idea. and would love to see the no-mount/no cut zone extended

Cheers, Reg'

Torus Moore

Expert
- The orc mask and any other item that shields the wearer from NPC aggro could be further enhanced by making it so that the NPC guardsmen (not in towns, i.e in the roadside checkpoints etc.) would then become aggrieved by such things.. so now they treat you as an orc. this would give the human races some much needed NPC allies and level the field with the orcs.

Ive played on shards in the past where those NPC guards attacked any red who came by, im sure that can be turned on semi-easily.

- I think it would be very advantageous having such items, but if they were dropped as regularly as the orc masks, the deceit dungeon for instance would be full of PK's wearing them. so i do like the idea that they are a highly cherished dono coin item.

Definitely agreed

would love to see the no-mount/no cut zone extended

Thats the biggest one. I think both main sides (orc and knights) wanna see this happen.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
It would certainly give the shard a custom flavor and are great ideas. Players though should be unable to wear these masks and be able to farm unhindered by the spawn. Summons or pet damage should instantly give a large amount of damage (same as orc mask) and instantly cause the wear to be aggro'd to local spawn. Wearing a mask like this means you are one of the "locals" not able to just farm the locals without being flagged.

Torus Moore

Expert
Summons or pet damage should instantly give a large amount of damage (same as orc mask) and instantly cause the wear to be aggro'd to local spawn. Wearing a mask like this means you are one of the "locals" not able to just farm the locals without being flagged.

Ahh forgot to mention that aspect, of course! it should work just like the orc masks do, dmg the mob? thats a serious amount of dmg back to you!

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Ahh forgot to mention that aspect, of course! it should work just like the orc masks do, dmg the mob? thats a serious amount of dmg back to you!

It's just that players can equip one and farm without fear of spawn aggro. Should be once you or your summons/pet damages/provo is successful then the benefits are gone for a time period.

Sir Reginald

Neophyte
Absolutely Zog'Orium, I assumed they would work in almost exactly the same way as the orc masks. Another potential idea, and this is mainly to entice the staff to work on it.. would be to have these special dono masks with slightly different designs, like a couple of red war paint lines for the orc mask, then the RP'ers would gladly pay out to acquire the correct mask for their RP clan.. the brigand bandanas could have differing hues, and the undead masks could have some similar war-paint designs or differing hues to differentiate from other undead clans

Torus Moore

Expert
like a couple of red war paint lines for the orc mask, then the RP'ers would gladly pay out to acquire the correct mask for their RP clan.. the brigand bandanas could have differing hues, and the undead masks could have some similar war-paint designs or differing hues to differentiate from other undead clans

that all sounds like a great idea also, but even if its plain colored I think people will pay out for it.