Fletching and Archery Change Suggestion

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
So I was thinking...archery kinda sucks (compared to macing, swords and fencing) and yet crafters now have the ability to hit 120 in fletching.

Why not tie the too into making archery great again and throw out a huge perk to those crafters that are somehow able to acquire the fletching power scrolls.

My suggestion is :

At 110 fletching you have the ability to craft magical short bows. These short bows are faster (think katana) but hit for lower damage than regular bows.

At 120 fletching you have the ability to craft composite bows. These bows are similar in range and speed to a regular bow but have damage more like the heavy crossbow.

These new bows can be made using different woods and would be eligible to have random slayer or mods enhancements when made in the Brit crafting area.

HOOWAH!!!!

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
So I was thinking...archery kinda sucks (compared to macing, swords and fencing) and yet crafters now have the ability to hit 120 in fletching.
Afaik, we have no 120 fletchers on this server yet, the chance to get these PS's is too low to motivate ppl keep doing contracts. With novelty of monster contracts gone, there are nearly no new fletching scrolls being generated. I guess these things will be more expensive than their taming PS variants. So having 120 at this server is pretty much a monopoly.

At 110 fletching you have the ability to craft magical short bows. These short bows are faster (think katana) but hit for lower damage than regular bows.
Lower damage, faster speed seems like a fair tradeoff. It does yield a bigger advantage to flat damage modifiers, but I think that's still acceptable I think. Bows with lower or no damage modifiers will not be popular, as they consume too many arrows.

At 120 fletching you have the ability to craft composite bows. These bows are similar in range and speed to a regular bow but have damage more like the heavy crossbow.
Seems extremely overpowered. The damage of a heavy crossbow, at the speed of a bow means a HUGE increase in DPS. Not taking modifiers into account yet.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Afaik, we have no 120 fletchers on this server yet, the chance to get these PS's is too low to motivate ppl keep doing contracts. With novelty of monster contracts gone, there are nearly no new fletching scrolls being generated. I guess these things will be more expensive than their taming PS variants. So having 120 at this server is pretty much a monopoly.

Lower damage, faster speed seems like a fair tradeoff. It does yield a bigger advantage to flat damage modifiers, but I think that's still acceptable I think. Bows with lower or no damage modifiers will not be popular, as they consume too many arrows.

Seems extremely overpowered. The damage of a heavy crossbow, at the speed of a bow means a HUGE increase in DPS. Not taking modifiers into account yet.

I know those power scrolls are a pain!! But give some incentive and craftsmen will get there. Each weapon skill has a variety of weapons that go from fast to slow. Lower damage to higher damage. Archery seems to go from slow to ponderously slow. I remember no one used an archer when I first started. Then they introduced bows like this like 15 years ago and archers became viable option. I'm also not sure if some random dude with a composite bow would be considered extremely overpowered vs some random dude with a power war hammer who is chucking purple pots.