fix the crafting area...

drinn

Grandmaster
ima98d.jpg

ima98h.jpg

Craft area is fun. I craft with a quadruple boom box setup, and keep an eye on the slayers I make. @Cack is right about putting a "guards" spam in your macro because it does help. Also crafting while hidden really makes things nice. If for some reason someone is spamming detect hidden there then come back another time to craft as someone is up to no good. There is no need to code in another crafting area when this one is fine and dandy. If you know that your pack horses/beetles have a chance at getting killed then don't run your macro, afk, and then say the system is broken because you weren't there to stop it from happening.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Am I missing something here? Thieves suck...check. Pack animals can be killed...check. But getting PK'd in town is an issue (for non faction players). There would be a shit storm if folks started getting PK'd at the bank or at the poker table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were people people being killed at the bank a month or so ago. No Shit Storm. They were using NPC's to attack AFKers. The person telling the NPC to attack would die, but the NPC wouldn't get guard whacked and proceed to kill the AFKer. It went on for a few hours. Collected a ton of brains and body bacon. If the AFKer was there. Anyone else could have called guards too and have the NPC killed, but everyone just enjoyed the show.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
There were people people being killed at the bank a month or so ago. No Shit Storm. They were using NPC's to attack AFKers. The person telling the NPC to attack would die, but the NPC wouldn't get guard whacked and proceed to kill the AFKer. It went on for a few hours. Collected a ton of brains and body bacon. If the AFKer was there. Anyone else could have called guards too and have the NPC killed, but everyone just enjoyed the show.

Those sick twisted f***s just sitting there watching.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
The player is getting guard-whacked in that case, as should happen. The original complaint is about players getting PK'd in the crafting area without the culprit getting guard-whacked. And the players are not using NPCs (assume you are meaning EVs or something like that). Also, this isn't a one time thing. It is happening daily. Hell, he almost got me a couple of weeks ago while I was actually crafting (not AFK). While crafting in a supposed guard zone you tend to focus on the crafting grumps. I have seen people at the crafting area get killed while spamming "GUARDS" with no guard showing up.
The risk vs reward for thieves is part of the game. The PK'ing inside a guard zone with no help from guards is not a risk vs reward issue.

Is there any insight you can give as to what the PK was doing? Were they casting explosion and then running out of guard protection before the spell hit, or was it something else?

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Is there any insight you can give as to what the PK was doing? Were they casting explosion and then running out of guard protection before the spell hit, or was it something else?
I didn't see what the hell they tried to do to me. Saw my life suddenly in the red and escape macro'd (from inside a friggin guard zone...). The guy I saw get PK'd was pots.
Again, I got no beef with thieves. I actually have a troll macro set up for when I blow them up with my boom boxes. They are part of this glorious game. But this is exploiting unintended mechanics.

I didn't see what the hell they tried to do to me. Saw my life suddenly in the red and escape macro'd (from inside a friggin guard zone...). The guy I saw get PK'd was pots.
Again, I got no beef with thieves. I actually have a troll macro set up for when I blow them up with my boom boxes. They are part of this glorious game. But this is exploiting unintended mechanics.

Damn, well that puts a damper on things. i wonder if expanding the guard zone a bit would help to mitigate those attacks

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I've only got a bowyer, and never had any big problem at the crafter's area. I guess my alt is filled with bows and the theif would have to be paying awful close attention to find the slayer of any value and steal it when it pops up. I also bring alts in while I do it to detect hidden and recall the good slayer out immediately after it gets created. But I am always FK. If you want to be AFK and get robbed for it, I don't feel bad for you at all.

The fact that you can get PKed there, however, I think is F-d up. Especially if someone is calling guards.

Cack

Grandmaster
That's funny..Tbh it's very easy to kill ppl intown. Expanding guards does nothing.

But it's NOT a bug in any way shape or form. This is uo, you shouldn't be safe anywhere from thieves or would be murderers.

Caso

Grandmaster
its camped by synchdropping beetle lurers and easyUO skriptthiefs.

attacking someone intown should lead to guardwreck, evrything else is simply buguse.
Just request trammel mate.

I was the original griefer here. Use to make bank selling beetles at 180k a pop. Fun times, but been a year since I've done it.

AssHat

Grandmaster
i feel like this problem has been brought up a lot. i feel the real people being hurt are the vendor owners that need the time to craft in this area.

Yes some mechanics in game keep people on their toes but thats uo without trammel.

best advice, log off your crafter and do something else for a bit.

theifs are great for this area and should always be allowed, but griefers especially pet grifers shouldnt be happening. it must be such a easy target to get people with mass resources on them. i dont think that aspect is to fair.

i offer no help other than be prepared like on the battlefield, maybe some day be the hero and save the crafters from these people :D

Caso

Grandmaster
i feel like this problem has been brought up a lot. i feel the real people being hurt are the vendor owners that need the time to craft in this area.

Yes some mechanics in game keep people on their toes but thats uo without trammel.

best advice, log off your crafter and do something else for a bit.

theifs are great for this area and should always be allowed, but griefers especially pet grifers shouldnt be happening. it must be such a easy target to get people with mass resources on them. i dont think that aspect is to fair.

i offer no help other than be prepared like on the battlefield, maybe some day be the hero and save the crafters from these people :D
Why should it be safe? This isn't trammel and its a bonus area. If you want safety go and craft in your house.

A lot of people run a script making slayers in the Brit Craft zone. They deserve to die and be griefed. Shit some even have a recall macro set the moment they are attacked in any shape of form.

AssHat

Grandmaster
Why should it be safe? This isn't trammel and its a bonus area. If you want safety go and craft in your house.

A lot of people run a script making slayers in the Brit Craft zone. They deserve to die and be griefed. Shit some even have a recall macro set the moment they are attacked in any shape of form.

i never really said it should be "safe", i was more commenting on the greifing, like i stated i am all for the theifs being there.

it is the mechanics of targeting off screen, and getting away with it.

i dont have a problem with the area, i think both sides have ways around each other. i just see it as a easy spot to non stop grief people.

for all i care about this "area" and the slayers it produces, just have a crating area in every town, spread people out, make the greifers work for it!! instead its like shooting fish in a barrel

BTW i am just kinda rambling...

girana

Grandmaster
i dont have a problem with the area, i think both sides have ways around each other. i just see it as a easy spot to non stop grief people.

its a area where you can make TONS of GOLD FULL AFK ALLOWED.

Why should such kind of Area griefing save ?