Fix Spell Reflect and Going grey/criminal

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'm going to go with C, all of the above.

How's about you, out of curiousity? Because you guys were all over each other...lol.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm going to go with C, all of the above.

How's about you, out of curiousity? Because you guys were all over each other...lol.
I think it's a great example of something that should never have been addressed by staff.

As far as the impact of the actual change on me? Probably little to none, but this shard will feel slightly less like home now.

How easy is it to change a game mechanic like this but can't institute mace stamina loss or armor damage, can't change stamina loss in general, won't fix AR in PvP, and won't balance poison in dexxors.

How easy is it to change a game mechanic like this but can't institute mace stamina loss or armor damage, can't change stamina loss in general, won't fix AR in PvP, and won't balance poison in dexxors.

100% right.

I think it's a great example of something that should never have been addressed by staff.

100% wrong.

The MR fix is a step in the right direction for pvp, but that top list definitely still needs attention. Those must be more complicated issues to fix than MR...there's no way the staff can be knowledgeable enough to run an awesome server and not recognize those issues as well.

halygon

Grandmaster
100% wrong.

The MR fix is a step in the right direction for pvp, but that top list definitely still needs attention. Those must be more complicated issues to fix than MR...there's no way the staff can be knowledgeable enough to run an awesome server and not recognize those issues as well.

How can you say what is wrong? The fact that you think it is a step in the right direction shows how little you understand of the overall balance of the game. It affects very little except for the feel of the game, which is what I AM wanting to keep intact.

The front page of the UO:F website states "nostalgia" as one of it's big draws. I agree with the website - that is a big draw to players like me. Things that may be little and annoying to you guys give a comfort to experienced players. A good example of this (maybe a big example) is stamina loss. I was horrified when I first came here that you could run forever as I instantly saw all the drawbacks to that sort of game mechanic and why it is not a common mechanic seen on most UO shards. Half of the people on this forum can't even fathom why us PvPers actually want stamina loss. This mentality is what I faced on this thread and now with you.

Change is good, I will be the first to agree to that, but not all change is good regardless of your reasons.

I think you misunderstood, I'm all for stam loss and armor fixes, as well as making changes to poisoning for dexxers. I was agreeing with you on those being effed up parts of pvp.

Having Stam loss and more accurate ar are, in my mind, correct pvp mechanics. What do I base "correct" on?

The fact that the logos and ads for this server say UO Renaissance. The ruleset should be close to UOR with a few changes to help with balance. Hence why MR was fixed (now UOR accurate) and why your short list of pvp issues will *hopefully* be fixed.

halygon

Grandmaster
I think you misunderstood, I'm all for stam loss and armor fixes, as well as making changes to poisoning for dexxers. I was agreeing with you on those being effed up parts of pvp.

Having Stam loss and more accurate ar are, in my mind, correct pvp mechanics. What do I base "correct" on?

The fact that the logos and ads for this server say UO Renaissance. The ruleset should be close to UOR with a few changes to help with balance. Hence why MR was fixed (now UOR accurate) and why your short list of pvp issues will *hopefully* be fixed.
Thanks for the clarification.

That short list has been on the list since I started playing UOF mid last year. I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon (come on devs -- here is where you fix it so that my statement is wrong -- again :) )

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
+Getting attacked - regardless of whether or not reflect is up, you parry the attack, you dodge the attack, you never get hit because you're running - should flag. That is how it already works for literally every other aspect of flagging except magic reflect.

+AR should mean something, and metal armors should provide more meaningful AR than their leather counterparts.

+Melee/archery damage should be tighter (min-max ranges) so there's more consistency.

+Maces should do durability and stamina damage. One-handers should be adjusted so they're an option (min damage). War hammers need to be taken down a notch.

+Poisoning should be adjusted so that the higher levels of poison have a chance of resisting cures. Poisoned weapons should corrode upon use, and rapidly.

+Stamina drain from running needs to be implemented, linked to the character's stamina and not the mount's to avoid stale combat mechanics.

Note: Just about all of these were implemented in some way on production along with other shards. It is doable.

halygon

Grandmaster
Let me add to this -- I'll even ignore the comment about MR flagging because I think at this point its moot.

+AR should mean something, and metal armors should provide more meaningful AR than their leather counterparts.

+Melee/archery damage should be tighter (min-max ranges) so there's more consistency.

+Maces should do durability and stamina damage. One-handers should be adjusted so they're an option (min damage). War hammers need to be taken down a notch.
War hammer damage is not broke nor out of whack - I think they have adjusted this one enough. What is out of whack is the gross amount of high end magic weapon drops from mobs. I should not have a chest of vanq and power weapons -- but I do.

+Poisoning should be adjusted so that the higher levels of poison have a chance of resisting cures. Poisoned weapons should corrode upon use, and rapidly.
I understand the 40% increase to poison as a bonus for putting points into poisoning -- BUT this percentage is WAY too high. If they made the bonus only apply when the player has GM poisoning, I think this would balance out the PvP. Right now, most poison dexxors run around with 60-80 poisoning because they are already devestating with that and can use the points for other skills.. aka alchemy...

+Stamina drain from running needs to be implemented, linked to the character's stamina and not the mount's to avoid stale combat mechanics.

Note: Just about all of these were implemented in some way on production along with other shards. It is doable.
Because these changes have precedents on other shards, they do not need to reinvent the wheel when making the changes here.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
War hammer damage is not broke nor out of whack - I think they have adjusted this one enough. What is out of whack is the gross amount of high end magic weapon drops from mobs. I should not have a chest of vanq and power weapons -- but I do.
When you can be two-shotted with a GM war hammer, it's out of whack.

Because these changes have precedents on other shards, they do not need to reinvent the wheel when making the changes here.
No one needs to reinvent the wheel, but they do need to use it. These are deal-breakers, and we are losing players because of it. Even the most stalwart and dedicated UOFers are at their limit.

halygon

Grandmaster
When you can be two-shotted with a GM war hammer, it's out of whack.
IMO, a war hammer should be the mace's version of the Halberd. It *CAN* two-shot you in the right circumstances.

That said, unless your opponent has no armor -- a GM war hammer has like zero chance to two shot you. No, war hammer damage is just fine..
The issue is with the multitude of throw away power and vanq weapons. Lets not even talk about runic weapons coming up... Baddass weapons should do baddass damage. A vanq halberd or war hammer should beat the crap out of you.

But not everyone should be running around with a baddass weapon. This raises the overall damage average for a weapon, which makes devs make un-needed changes for balance when the real issue is with the drop rate of a magic weapon type. These weapons should be worth MUCH more and be MUCH more RARE so that they will be used MUCH LESS.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
+Getting attacked - regardless of whether or not reflect is up, you parry the attack, you dodge the attack, you never get hit because you're running - should flag. That is how it already works for literally every other aspect of flagging except magic reflect.

lol so tired of seeing this logic time and time again

what's been created is a 1 hitta quitta, if you think 1 hit kill is balanced in UO then you should stay off the forums and in town where the guards can protect you

Warhammers seem fine to me. With back to back crushing blows, two shotting with a Gm warhammer seems possible. Luckily its a slow wep.

I'm on the side of poisoning bonus being too great. I constantly slam orange pots while casting when I fight a nox char. Seems a bit much.

Mount stam should be a thing. Linking it to char stam would just cause me to carry a refresh keg on me.

As far as the big number of vanqs and powers, I think that's a way the devs aimed for mage vs dexxers balance. Easier vanqs means a more level playing field for dexxers (and I just play a mage)

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
That said, unless your opponent has no armor -- a GM war hammer has like zero chance to two shot you. No, war hammer damage is just fine..
I took a 72 damage hit with 66 AR (mix bone/plate) from a GM, non-runic hammer.

I'm leaving this thread on that note. Apparently we aren't ever going to have nice things.

halygon

Grandmaster
I took a 72 damage hit with 66 AR (mix bone/plate) from a GM, non-runic hammer.
I think you know what the issue was here. It wasn't the war hammer damage either.

Oh.. there ya go..

Come on.. you know there are more variables to a hit than just weapon base damage.