Fix Discording Pets

halygon

Grandmaster
You guys still talking about this? Dam..

The letter of the day is "L" as in Leave shit alone day.

It's Lame stuff like this why a lot of people play on other shards along with this one.. because you guys can't understand how to Leave shit alone.

See how I used the letter of the day?

N49ATV

Adept
I'll use it too! "Logic"

And asking for more greys with a Logical request makes people play elsewhere?

Go play elsewhere instead of posting in thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

84brian

Grandmaster
Anyone on with discord and confirm if it's been fixed? ( less fails on higher end mobs like ancient wyrms)

halygon

Grandmaster
I'll use it too! "Logic"

And asking for more greys with a Logical request makes people play elsewhere?

Go play elsewhere instead of posting in thread.
Sorry man, the letter of the day changed on Saturday when you posted this. The letter of the day then was "G"

Good luck next time.

N49ATV

Adept
Sorry man, the letter of the day changed on Saturday when you posted this. The letter of the day then was "G"

Good luck next time.

Who decides when the day/letter changes? Are you ASSuming I'm in the same time zone you are? You know what you say about ASSuming.

I would also say the letter should have changed to "B", for better luck next time, as that is a much more accepted phrase. Fell free to google/yahoo/web crawler etc, "good luck next time" and count the hits on the first 6 pages.

Though today might be brought to you by the letter "G" aswell, for grammar police, but I'm not going to ASSume you live anywhere near me, and that your letter is the same as mine.

But the fact remains, you can't give any reason for it to stay the same besides,

Griefers like to use it, and
UO was that way.

But logic says it should flag, and this is RunUO, not UO, and although we advertise as UOR here, we are not time specific, not exactly like any era of UO. So old UO ways don't always apply.

halygon

Grandmaster
Who decides when the day/letter changes? Are you ASSuming I'm in the same time zone you are? You know what you say about ASSuming.
Well Sesame Street decides, duh. What? You think I'd make up something as sacred as the letter of the day? I'm insulted.

I would also say the letter should have changed to "B", for better luck next time, as that is a much more accepted phrase. Fell free to google/yahoo/web crawler etc, "good luck next time" and count the hits on the first 6 pages.

Though today might be brought to you by the letter "G" aswell, for grammar police, but I'm not going to ASSume you live anywhere near me, and that your letter is the same as mine.
This is pretty sad.... Maybe I'm not so insulted after all if this is all you can come up with. I'm just sad for you.

But the fact remains, you can't give any reason for it to stay the same besides,

Griefers like to use it, and
UO was that way.

But logic says it should flag, and this is RunUO, not UO, and although we advertise as UOR here, we are not time specific, not exactly like any era of UO. So old UO ways don't always apply.
Why would I need to give more reasons than it's good how it is and has been a good element in a game about choice? Who the hell says that logic must prevail in a fantasy game?

========================

But if this last week has taught me anything it's that the staff doesn't listen to PvPers (unless you have "MALES" in your guild name), regardless of experience. So it doesn't really matter how justified my argument is because a couple folks who don't have as much invested in this shard and know less about the game will cause elements to change that hurt folks like me.

Enjoy your logic.

84brian

Grandmaster
They should make it flag when u discord peoples pets. It's a negative act. = ) I could follow u around right now when ur farming with a pet. And grief ya real real good. They need to also fix it so that it doesn't fail as much. Having to use a slayer for high end mobs is ridiculous.

N49ATV

Adept
It shouldn't be 100 success rate, on highest end mobs @ 100-120 skill. I remember how stupid easy It was to solo lvl5 maps back in the day with a GM Bard. Didn't matter what spawned. We still need some challenge to keep us moving about etc.

84brian

Grandmaster
Yea but that's not fair. Prov and peace don't need slayers at gm. There's also a slight chance it works on paras as well. Where as regular high ends doesn't work at all with gm instruments. Lame. Also didn't kno slayers a dropped by their opposite counterpart. = )

N49ATV

Adept
It might need a tweak, but its not too crazy far off. Remember its lowering everything by 20% which is a huge impact on higher end mobs. So using a slayer should almost be needed for high end paragons (LL, Wyrms, etc). But for standard High end (balron, drags etc), there should be a reasonable %, say 50 @GM. (provo 1st, then disco)