Fishing

Shurik'n

Novice
Hey guys,

I always enjoyed fishing up MIB back in the days. Fishing the bottles isn't much fun but the treasureis always great :)

Anyway I was wondering how it was since the new sea battle stuff came out? Can someone just come next to you and destroy your boat or board it? Usually fishers are not the best at pvp and I dont want to buy new boats everyday :)

Can anyone confirm if it's still viable or you get attacked every 10 minutes?

Thanks !

Def still viable. Get a crows nest and use scan the horizons command frequently. And u don't have to buy new boats. U use a repair deed to fix if it gets sunk

Sercruse

Neophyte
Little bit of misinformation in this thread.

My primary char is a fisher, I've only been on the server about 10 days but I've learned a lot about fishing in that time.

I fish for at least a couple hours every day. I have yet to encounter another player on the ocean.

If someone does find you and attacks you, you can simply abandon your ship and let them destroy it.

If you don't keep anything in your ship's hold and you escape the ship before they kill you, you lose nothing.

If your boat is destroyed, it despawns along with the runes and the boat is placed in the boat owner's bank.

If you have any addons, such as a crow's nest. The deed for it will be left in the "booty" chest that remains in the ocean if your boat is destroyed or scuttled. Items in the booty chest can be looted by anyone.

You really have nothing to lose if you keep only the essential items on your character, don't use the hold and don't use addons. If someone comes around and gives you a hard time, recall out, pick up your boat at the bank and place it somewhere else.