Fishing Tournament Revamp Idea

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Fishing Tournament Revamp Idea

Purpose: To create a tournament ladder that people are constantly trying to climb over one another to get to the top, and to remove some of the randomness to the tournament events, and bring strategy & risk to them, making them more competitive and fun.

Proposal:
  • Implement a fish scale that will tell you the weight of a fish. (5k tool crafted by tinker)
  • Implement a live well that holds 5 fish, and shows you the weights of each fish and combined weight of the 5 fish. (Live well has a 5 min decay timer that is active when not on a boat - forcing players to stay on their boat while fishing instead of protecting it at home while fishing on another character)
  • You must remove a fish manually, in order to put another fish in. (to help combat scripting)
  • Fish decay after 5 minutes if not put in the live well. (to help combat scripting)
  • At any time you can talk to a tournament NPC to find out the top 3 players & weights (Know your goals)
  • Upon submission to a tournament NPC – he will announce the total weight, and your rank.
  • You can submit multiple live wells, however only your highest submission is kept & ranked (You can only win one prize!)
Premise:
  • By holding on to the live well longer, it puts you more at risk of getting killed, and having your live well looted
  • By allowing you to push your live well to higher weights, versus the risk, it brings strategy into the equation making it feel like a competition and not a lottery
Rewards:
  • I think many enjoyed the 10 rewards that were being handed out, however clarity up front on what the rewards are, and how you get them would be well received.
  • I also believe that a trophy, showing your rank, and date/timing of the event for the top 100 would be great. I'd love to see more trophy memorabilia, I realize it adds to the item count out there, but if you are only doing 100 per event, and bigger events are only happening monthly (yes we want monthly events!!) it's only 1200 items a year. I see these old statues with people's names on them for old events, and I wish I'd been a part of them to get my name on something. The trophies should relate to the event, and not just be the same statue in different hues!

Adaptability:
  • a fish scale could just be a scale, a live well could become a bunny or turkey trap, and you can implement the same style tournament for our turkey hunt around thanksgiving, or rabbit hunts around easter.

Sir.

Grandmaster
Very well thought out and clean delivery here. Well done Avalon. A fine suggestion!

It does seem to appear that this is reminiscent of the turkey/rabbit events and these suggestions would surely refine it to stand on its own more and help fishing (as it is a big focus in the game) blossom into a more dynamic area of the game.

The adaptability idea for traps is cool for sure; you go grey if you steal someone elses catch :D Would create a lot of fun out in the wild during these events too!