Feedback about new player status

Elias13

Neophyte
Hi,

Should introduce myself before I complain i guess - Name is Elias / Alasdair

So I've started UO:F with a friend having played, played a few hours on a fresh warrior [about 4] and have started a crafter [Ludi, took up mining].
My understanding is that I'd have 60 hours worth of young player status to help me get to grips with the game.

Half way through what was turning out to be an excellent mining trip [over 2k iron ingots which were to help with my Blacksmithing] my wisp buggered off and before I had a chance to get back to the bank I was killed by a PK who must have been observing close by in hiding.
Lucky if I had a total of 6 hours young status to learn the ropes. I really do get the harsh aspect to this game but no prior warning that the young player status would be ending combined with this is just really poor.

The new player protection is really poor if you're advised as the start you're getting 60 hours to then only get 6 hours [I haven't reached any particular skill milestones that would remove it either]

In terms of feedback I really think something needs to be done to protect a player when his wisp just goes - Maybe an option to teleport to the closest bank so at least there's an option to bank anything of value you've obtained?

Alasdair

Last edited:

Phrygian

Master
The gump tells you that it's 60 hours, or 600 skill points on your account. That's probably what you went over.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Alasdair - I can understand the frustration, there must be some reason why the young status ended, I believe there is also a skill cap on the young status, 550 skill points if I remember correctly - if you haven't achieved that, I'd be really curious as to why it ended.

If you are in Discord, please look me up, would be happy to chat, and help you out by replacing what was taken by the PK - though it'll honestly pale in comparison to what you could have mined with zero risk, while being in young status for 60 hours.

AreYouKidden#0403

Elias13

Neophyte
Hey guys,

It's alright - the aim of the post wasn't to get things back - I appreciate Fel is all about risk vs reward. It was more aimed at feedback that the young player protection could be working better and be more clear. It just disappears very quickly and can [in my case] leave you with a bad predicament.

I should really have known to bank 2k ingots - I probably just left comfortable because I'm mining near the Minoc guard zone and I am not aware of the exact guard limits yet.
I'll just get a new packhorse and start mining again :)

See you all in game.
Elias / Ludi.

Goapirat

Apprentice
sry no trammel in here
it is hard if it hits you that you missed something
but exactly that is what the old style uo is about
you learn by dieing

Elias13

Neophyte
Couldn't agree more.
You learn more from your mistakes than your successes - I've changed the frequency with which I return to deposit ingots now.

I'm sure I've got plenty of dying/learning still to do :)

Goapirat

Apprentice
hehe jup
and i am happy that you didnt take my answer as an offend
but understood it how i was meant from me :)

Have fun in here :)