Fattson's guide to gettin' paid in the shade

Fattson

Grandmaster
Ok. First off. Let's knock out the easiest ways to make gold. Buy dono coins. Sell them in game for gold. BOOM. Insta millionaire.

"Bu-bu-bu-bu-but fat man..... I ain't got no rl monies! How do I get gold and buy fancy tram suits if I can't sell dono coins?"

I'm glad you asked. Because this is the guide for people who don't have the rl cash to donate. There is certainly a place for you on this server. A big place, actually. And don't let anyone tell you different. Here are some of the many paths you can take. Follow me.

Resource gathering:

Leather, bones, and ingots. Ingots especially. I suggest making your first character a miner. Even if you have no interest in crafting. We crafters are lazy folk and we have no problem buying resources to save ourselves a bit of time. Should have money to buy yourself a small house within a week or two if you go ham on the mining. A pretty basic dexxer template is all you need to farm spined leather and bones.

Archer bard:

The easiest and one of the most efficient pvm templates available on this server. Only down side is that it takes a bit of gold to get it right. My suggestion is to add fishing to this guy instead of resist. Try to join PCH guild for some protection on the water and fish your tail off. Mils to be made in fishing. And it's so easy a fat man could do it!

Crafting:

Bods and their rewards sell for decent cash around these parts. If crafting is your thing, smiths and tailors are the way to go for sure.

"Ok, Fatty, I've been here a few weeks. I did everything you told me. What now? I've got some gold but I've got big plans so I'm ready to take it to the next level."

Good! My suggestion would be to make yourself a meta dexxer. That char running around with the bullshit katana and the bone ar you took off skeletons? Yeah. He's much more than you thought he was on uof. Read up on the dexxer talisman to see what I'm talking about. And if you've been fishing up mibs, then you should have plenty of vanqs laying around for the quest and plenty of decent ar to wear if you go defense tali. Aren't you glad you listened to me?

There's several other ways that you can bring in gold without ever donating or making a tamer. I'm proof of this. I didn't make my first tamer until I had two years in on this server and mils in the bank. Honestly, I regret it. I never use either one. If you're interested in this guide and would like to ask some follow up questions, please post below. Did the best I could to keep this thing short and sweet.

lollo

Grandmaster
I made a tamer only when i had the money to buy a pre trained dragon and all the relics.

Made about 30-40 milz with my mage bard which was my first character. Joining a good guild helps, i made mils with RDAs, champs and harrowers when ITA was active

Pandone

Grandmaster
Place 5k vendor at yew roof, sell overpriced. farm kaldun on provo mage hider. Join a big active guild without drop rules cast ev at champs, sell drops.

Messremb

Grandmaster
i have heard that part of the reason the Fat mans Pockets are so deep and filled with gold, is because of his girth, he cant take anything out of them

Confirm or deny?

Also great info here for new players looking to start out.

elfyburk

Expert
Great stuff for new players. As mentioned, tag along for as many champs as possible and just randomly cast EVs while looting monsters. I got a quicksilver relic by placing 6th in a champ (think its random), and I usually loot around 20-30k of monsters whilst basically doing nothing.

To sum up - let everyone else do the work while you cast a couple of EVs followed by Invisibility, then just sit back and sip pina coladas and hope for a relic. Sell the relic for mills and spend it all on FATTSON vendors.