Exceptional vanquishing frostwood bow.

EvilBob

Expert
Managed to craft one of these tonight. I haven't done testing to verify its better than a normal vanq bow, but if its like runic weapons it should be. No accuracy or durability modifiers on this bow. Lemme know what you think these will well for now and/or after the new wood bow market normalizes.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Managed to craft one of these tonight. I haven't done testing to verify its better than a normal vanq bow, but if its like runic weapons it should be. No accuracy or durability modifiers on this bow. Lemme know what you think these will well for now and/or after the new wood bow market normalizes.

It looks like a vanq (+9), exceptionnal (+4) weap, same as runics, without any tactics (archery in case of a bow) modifier.

Pretty decent.

EvilBob

Expert
Here ya go. This is what I've kept from my attempts at crafting the wood. Lots of non-exceptionals/plain exceptionals were trashed. First column in each bag is no accuracy modifier, 2nd is accurate, 3rd is surpassingly accurate, and so on.

GXZqvQ0.jpg

EvilBob

Expert
I've probably burned through about 250-300 frostwood so far. Haven't been able to sit down and farm as much wood as I have wanted. More to come in the future :)

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
yea, trying to understand pricing on this is tuff. i just made 2 bloodwood exceptional/vanqs and trying to determine the pricing

EvilBob

Expert
I dunno if I would call it jacked up, but interesting assessment none the less. I have a hunch that after watching the progress of crafters on the first few days, admins decreased the higher quality wood drop rates. I farmed for 4 hours yesterday and only got ~50 frostwood and bloodwood. Maybe 80 heartwood. The chances of getting a vanq or power modifier seem rather low. You have a chance on a GM exceptional craft only, to be granted a modifier. Often times (maybe 7 out of 8 crafted) no bonus is granted and you're left with plain exceptional bows. When you do luck into getting a bonus, even on frostwood the bonus can be as low as ruin, accurate, or durable. So there is a minimal chance you will get something like vanq. Even more highly unlikely is the chance that you will get that bonus in addition to ANY accuracy modifier. The chance that you'll get a bronze runic quality weapon on even the rarer woods is pretty damn small. Coupled with the rarity of the high quality woods, id say its rather balanced with the effort and rewards granted from runic hammers.

EvilBob

Expert
In response to cerebellum, in my experience it does in fact seem that the type of wood has a significant impact on the quality of weapon crafted. There may be set caps on the bonuses granted for each wood, or just somewhat higher chances to get greater bonuses on better woods. I have crafted hundreds of oak bows and got nothing better than ruin, durable, and/or accurate, lending evidence that there may be a cap.

Alas

Adept
EvilBob, keep the info coming sir.
I am unavailable to spend more 20mins here and there on this week so reading the new information is very cool.
Appreciate it.